To survive Hell, befriend Lucifer.

(A/N : this is gonna be goofy af 😭 I was a lil baby when the following events took place. If you don't remember me mentioning a kid named "Lucifer" in the last part, go read it again bitch😠. Because this girl is my fucking ride or die, my partner in crime, the pretty one.)

It was my first day in 6th class, (1st year of middle school if you're in the U.S) and of course my asshole dad decided we needed to move away from our nice house in the city, to some horrible town in the middle of no-where.

I had never fucking heard of it until my dad just woke me up on a random Wednesday and told me "we're moving at the end of the month, get packing."

I stood awkwardly under the shade of a tree as my mom spoke to the woman who would be my teacher for the rest of the year, Ms Einstein (obviously not her real name).

"You can just sit up at the front near me, ____. I know how scary it can be starting a new school."

It wasn't my first time, this was school number 3. I knew there was going to be more after it. And to make things worse, now I have to sit at the front? Damn, Ms Einstein.

***fast forward about 20 minutes, all the other girls have arrived***

I sat in silence. I could hear them talking about me. Whispering.

"Is that a new girl? I've never seen her before."

"She's from the city. I saw her and her family in (local supermarket)."

"She's a priss. City girls always are."

I just wanted to scream out, "I CAN HEAR YOU!" but they already didn't like me, I wasn't going to make them think I was a loon before I can make a friend.

Ms Einstein decided that it would be a great idea for me to get to know everyone by having everyone talk to me for a minute. A WHOLE FUCKING MINUTE. THE ANXIETY WAS RISING.

I sat in the uncomfortable wooden chair that were always in primary schools, and tried not to pass out as the first few people spoke to me. Anna, Alex, Olivia, Rose Emma, etc.

Then there was Lucifer.

She stood out, for sure.

When I moved the sit in the seat across from her, she was sitting upside-down and laughing really hard, trying not to fall, but also to keep moving.

At the time, I was so sheltered and brainwashed by my dad into thinking that neurodivergency was a bad thing, and i didn't even know things like Autism, ADHD, ADD, Depression, etc. existed.

(so I had no idea that Lucifer has ADHD or Autism)

(ALSO, I have no idea what I said to her to make her want to be my friend, this was a while ago so I have no memory of the conversation we had.)

***Lunchtime, I'm sitting and drawing***

I was trying to improve my drawing skills, so I sat on a little wooden bench in the schoolyard, sketching. Suddenly, my light was obstructed. I look up, and-

"Hey, come hang out with us!"

Lucifer stood there with Rose and Zaya.

The rest is history.

Though I may not talk to Rose or Zaya often, I still talk to Lucifer every day.

I don't know if I would still be here without her.

I know she doesn't have Wattpad, but this is still for her.

Thanks, man. You're my best friend.

You make life worth living.

For Lucy