In the woods

It was yet another tiring day on a such harsh expedition that won't even guarantee the state of your life at the end.

Kian and his army have been riding endlessly in scorching heat without rest. The weather was in their favor for the past week right after they departed for the journey but for some days it has taken such a huge turn. The sun was at its highest point, smoldering everyone making them grow tired and crave shade.

After five days of traveling under the scorching sun, there was not a puddle in sight, let alone a creek. There were occasional trees and thorny bushes scattered sparsely, but it was extremely difficult to find water. Most of the barrels of water that had been piled up like a mountain in the carts rapidly ran out. Naturally, washing their bodies was out of the question. They were all covered in sweat and dust.

This journey was to finally put the beast in the west to its end that has been terrorizing the villages and towns there. Hundreds of people have already lost their lives and many are on the brink of life and death, the children are shaken to the core, and the beast is still petrifying everyone without end. The place where they live is infested by Dragons, Basilisk, Griffin, Ogre, Goblins, Kelpies, and other monsters and beasts that prey on humans to sustain life.

Kian Galahad was the supreme commander of The Warrior Knights who worked on the orders of King Alaric and no other lousy nobles who only got their shameless work done under the name of Chivalry.

While the whole west was terrorized by those nasty human eater monster, The Warrior Knights were called to exterminate the beast and free the land.

Kian Galahad was used to such mission but this time his beautiful yet stubborn wife who was also the head medic of The Warrior Knights tagged along forcefully. Kian was very much in opposition of this idea of hers but she was adamant to help. He knew the hardships she will have to face of this journey and didn't her to risk her life yet she was very much stubborn. She stood her ground and fought to join the expedition. Kian was still very much against this idea And wasn't talking to her

Now looking at her sweating profusely under the scorching sun, her snow-white face a bit tanned, in pants rather than her usual beautiful flowy dresses, tunic sticking to her body...... He can say with hesitation that this has been his most arduous mission. And he hated every second of it. He couldn't touch her to his will. Couldn't even punish her for her stubbornness with his companions around.

After riding for another yet long day they finally saw a glimpse of trees in unison.

"We can find at least a puddle of water there"

Kian commanded his army to hold and rest for a while and take a breather before setting out again on the long journey.

While the knights were setting up the tents it started drizzling from the sky that eventually turned to heavy downpour. All the knights started cheering and washing themselves in the rain.

Marcelene was also delighted because of the rain. It was her very first expedition like such so she wasn't very used to it. She had been a prim and proper Duke's daughter who never lacked anything so a sudden change was foreign for her yet she didn't complained.

She didn't like the feeling of her clothes sticking to her body and was in dire need of bath.

Despite being resentful, Kian went to her, to help her refresh. Because she was the only lady among the knights' she couldn't take a bath in the open.

"Come with me" Kian said directing her to a much secluded area that was covered with giant rocks and dense bushes. He tied a cloth to create a private place so that she can bathe easily in privacy.