0 - The Beginning

Mamphis buried his face deeper into his palms than he would've buried himself underground in that moment. Getting flung into the void by the Ender Dragon was frustrating enough, missing the island by a single block as he fell was frustrating enough, but realizing afterward that he would've been saved if he had thrown one of the 32 Ender pearls he brought with him instead of trying to hit an insane bucket clutch was carrying all the negativity to the forefront of his conscious.

However, when his screen recorder was open and running to a live audience of thousands, the show must go on, and so he let the silence carry on just long enough before he finally rolled his office chair away from his desk dramatically. He groaned loudly, uncovering his face to finally catch a glimpse of his chat. He rarely paid all that much attention to them, but if it wasn't moving lightning fast before (which it absolutely was), it was now, and most of the chatters were saying the same thing.

"Mods, ban everyone who just said "of course he fumbled"!" Mamphis exclaimed, unable to hold a serious face for the bit as he laughed halfway through his sentence. He rolled his chair back to his desk just in time to hear a $10 donation go off and for him to read the message out loud from his second monitor.

"'how are you bad at this its the one game you play' Ok dude," he said, losing his composure again as he kept his head down so his viewers wouldn't notice his bumbling laughter. They noticed though, easily.

"Chat, chat I did it on purpose!" He said, picking his head back up. Of course, nobody actually bought that, but it kept him in character long enough to start improvising.

"I can't be spending my time fighting the Ender Dragon when I'm supposed to be practicing my seed for Build Box," Mamphis claimed, exiting the void-filled death screen to return to the list of worlds he had. Build Box was an annual competition that Mamphis had been participating in for a few years now, where many top-tier builders would be gathered one day to create a build based a certain theme. They all had individual single player worlds, but they had to make the builds in survival, they only had 2 hours during the live event, and the theme of the year wouldn't be revealed until the literal second the event started. People were quick to find out that the best strategy was to pick a color palette and map out a route within a chosen seed, collecting whatever they may need as fast as possible so they can have more time to brainstorm and plan out the actual build.

Mamphis soon heard his donation alert again, looking over to read the $5 message: "Practice stream or it didn't happen". He was quick to look at the username who sent it and let out a laugh.

"Turkey, don't act like I didn't see you on the invite list for this year! I'm not showing you my route," Mamphis said, giving a fake sigh. He knew GobbledTurkey from when they used to be one of his mods, but they moved on to do their own content and ended up being more of a speedrunner than a builder. Still, they attended the competition last year, and clearly they were planning on joining this year too.

"I actually do have to practice chat, imma be honest, I don't even have a seed ready." Mamphis admitted. The chat blew up a slight bit at that, mostly from the fans who were going to be cheering him on. The competition was in 2 weeks, and the date was announced about a week ago, so clearly people were upset that he hadn't even started on it yet. The scroll speed was still a sight to behold, though.

"Okay, okay, tell you what," Mamphis said, leaning a bit closer to his webcam and resting his elbows on his desk, "whoever donates... 10 gifted subs to me first in the next couple minutes, I'll use whatever seed you want me to. Like, straight up."

The chatters seemed intrigued by this, slowing down a bit as some people seemed to try and send in their donation as quick as possible. If it weren't for stream delay, Mamphis was sure he would've gotten the donation in 30 seconds. Instead, a minute went by before the notification sound played.