Ocean In The Eyes

They made us stand together since we are getting married.... He was beaming at me and i became all mushy inside.... couldn't move or utter a single word... So i just stood there smiling in return... It feels surreal that I'm going to marry this hunk...

"Let's get it over with the traditional rituals, Yuvan should give mahr ( an ornament usually of gold that symbolises the marriage) to Nehla first."

Grandma spoke with a certain authority to everyone. I remember going to a wedding this morning and now I'm the one who's getting married here....

His mother handed him a beutiful chain.... That Mahr is for me... He looked at me with the brightest smile holding up the Mahr in his hand...

At that moment i felt myself shivering... I was wondering if he could hear how hard my heart is beating.... I held my breath anticipating the next moment...

Even though the woman he wanted to have a life with betrayed him on the last moment,he isn't sad ? Or is he just putting up an act for the sake of his family ? I gazed into his eyes, desperate for some answers....

"Nehla Noor... Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife ??"

You don't even have to ask that hunky (it's my new nickname for him 😜)... It's a yes.... I will marry you... Not once but a 💯 times if needed....

My mind was speaking on its own while i peered at my dad...

Well, what's the purpose of looking at him right now really... He's the one who got me into this without even asking me first... Bloody producer....(Jk 😁)...

" Y__Yes... "

God !!! Do you have to stutter right now... Really Nein...😭

He closed the gap between us so fast like he was waiting for this moment to finally happen for a long time....

His Mahr is now lying on my neck with his name elegantly embedded on it... His hands retracted to both sides of my face wiping away the tear drops that had managed to escape my eyes...his lips caressing slightly on my temple as a slight relief for the ongoing turmoil inside me....

I don't know what's next... It only took just 2 hrs for god to rewrite my story and my life took a whole 180° ....

That smiling eyes were telling me to not worry ...

Rest of the day had been a blurry vision for me, filled with congratulations, small talks and loads of pictures.... I was exhausted by the evening....

"We should probably let our kids talk a bit... I don't think anybody on this planet has a fate like them... They need to sort it out..."

His father said to my dad ... And he's right, who on this planet has a fate like mine...

A hand suddenly wrapped around mine cutting of my train of thoughts... Yuvan is holding my hand ... Our fingers were intertwined....my lungs had a heartattack at that moment....

It was smiling faces and content hearts everywhere.... It is clear that the way Yuvan had dealt everything after the disastrous event took all of them by surprise...

It almost felt Perfect... Until....

"Common, let's get out of here, we need to talk..."

He had a strong grip on my hand while leading me to his car outside.... suddenly it made me nervous, my mind filled with a nagging sensation, like something bad is gonna happen...