A Bittersweet Romance: Three

Three❀

                 "Now class you all know there will be a test tomorrow so with that said, I would like today to be a review day." Mr. Hines spoke while looking around the classroom for any students who weren't paying attention. "I hope most of you will use this time wisely because the scores I've been giving have been horrendous. And you know who you are."  He continues, taking a quick glance at Brandon. "You, may begin."

Were his final words before he took his seat in front of his computer at his desk. In the far left corner of the classroom.

Brandon began searching the classroom for Delilah's familiar face but came up short. He was actually a bit concerned because he hasn't seen her all day. And her missing a class was very unusual, well of that he knows. 

Just as he was pulling out his phone to text her. The classroom door suddenly opened with a frantic looking Delilah. She quickly handed Mr. Hines a note while talking adamantly to him as far as Brandon could see. After a minute or so she finally took her usual seat in the front.

Seeing her in class had Brandon at ease, why? He had no explanation for it but he still got up, grabbing his bag and walked to the front where Delilah sat. Taking the seat next to her.

"Hey!" Brandon exclaimed, startling Delilah out of her sulking.

Delilah held her hand over her rapidly beating heart while she turned in the direction of Brandon's voice. After a moment of getting her heart to begin beating normally, she slapped him on the shoulder with all her might. Sadly, it ended up hurting her more than harming him.

She hissed in pain while shaking her hand trying to reduce the throbbing. 'God! What is this guy made out of stone!' she thought to herself.

While Brandon chuckled deeply, which had made a chill run down Delilah's spine. She was beginning to love the sound of his deep and masculine laugh. It would somehow make her feel warm inside and she could feel her cheeks beginning to burn from the not so innocent thoughts running through her mind.

Brandon looked at her curiously, before he asked "What are you blushing about?" .

"N-Nothing.." she stammered, trying to erase the images out of her head.

"Oh really?" he teased. "Would these thoughts have anything to do with a handsome devil such as myself?"

"No!" she denied instantly and bit to loudly, catching the attention of a few students sitting around them. She quickly looks down and in a hushed tone repeats, "No.."

After a few seconds of silence between the two, Delilah looks up and is greeted with a smirking Brandon.

"You were thinking about me weren't you. Tsk tsk, what happened to my innocent little flower that I met just a few days ago?" he questioned smiling at her.

"S-Shut up.." she stuttered as she began to blush harder. 

She looked down at her lap and began playing with her fingers. Trying with all her might to make the blush go away.

Gently, Brandon grabbed her chin and made her look up into his eyes. He smiled a genuine smile at her and said, "You know, you are very cute when you're embarrassed."

Delilah's cheeks grew even warmer, if that was possible.

This has been going on for awhile now. Ever since she said yes to being Brandon's girlfriend, he has been teasing her then after all is said and done. He says the most sweetest things she's ever heard and she loves the feeling she gets in the pit of her stomach whenever he calls her such sweet names.