chapter six.

WALKING BACK INTO that room an hour later—when Nathaniel and his work associates are sitting on the couch, drinks in hand—all the lessons Gabi taught me suddenly dissipate.

I am nervous, twisting my hands in front of me, wishing for this to be over.

The moment I step inside, Nathaniel's gaze is pinned to me. The heat in it makes me feel marginally more confident, but I still wobble a little as I come to a stop beside the stripper pole.

There are two other men with Nathaniel. One is a mammoth, with closely cropped blonde hair and straight posture; he must be at least six-foot-six. He averts his gaze from my body like he isn't comfortable looking at me.

The other, however, grins appreciatively. "You are spoiling us tonight, Nathaniel." He has a heavy Russian accent, a buzzcut, muscular arms and looks as though he's been to jail no less than seven times.

"Spoiling myself," Nathaniel mutters, not glancing away from me for even a second.

The other two men are intimidating and, although their features are harsh, they would probably be considered attractive in any corner of the world. But there is something magnetic about Nathaniel, about his controlled desire. He captures my attention just as much as I clearly capture his.

"Maksim, Viktor, this is Wren. She's going to give us a very special show," Nathaniel introduces.

Maksim—the one who belongs behind bars, although that's honestly probably all of them—leans back. "I can't wait for this."

Viktor is still not looking at me. One less pair of eyes? A win as far as I'm concerned.

"Little bird, why don't you do a turn for us?" Nathaniel suggests, leaning forward almost eagerly.

I turn slowly, letting the two men actually interested appreciate my body.

"Perfect," Nathaniel mutters softly. "Those pretty clothes I dressed you in? They need to come off now."

I like that he's telling me what to do, talking me through it. It makes the entire thing far easier.

Trying to mimic what Gabi showed me, I take it slow.

Piece by piece, I strip for them. At first, it's terrifying, but soon enough I sink into the darkness of Nathaniel's gaze and everything becomes sweet like molasses. Almost like I'm drunk off the way he looks at me.

The bra at my feet, I cup my breasts and squeeze. The garter belt goes next, but I hesitate when it's time to take off my underwear. I falter.

"Don't stop now," Nathaniel warns.

After a deep breath in, the fabric comes down my legs smoothly, leaving me only in stockings and heels.

I lean back against the pole, trying to look coy, but really I'm letting it hold me up as my knees shake.

"Open your legs," Maksim says and for the first time since I walked in the room, Nathaniel's gaze breaks away from mine to slide the other man an irritated glare.

I don't follow his instructions though; I wait for Nathaniel's. And there is a pleased gleam in his eyes when he realizes this.

"Why don't you take a seat, little bird?"

I slide down the pole until my bare ass is against the floor. It feels clean enough, though I remain unconvinced.

"Now, open your legs and let us look."

Air puffs in and out of my chest rapidly. For a brief second, I am frozen. And then my knees part, my legs opening.

I'm wet and glistening.