by Isaac Altman MY Name Is Lily

Act one scene one

Act one scene one

The Act Begins by showing Lily in her room putting on makeup and getting ready for an event. The walls are purple with posters on the wall of Paramore. There is a bed in the background with purple comforter and some stuffed animals. The bed is made. There is one visible window with white trimmings. Visible is also a closet with a mirror door.The Scene shows her seated at a small desk with a mirror looking at herself putting on lipstick. Lily has a nervous look on her face. As she looks at herself in the mirror, Jack walks in the room.

Jack-Lils what's taking so long? You're gonna be late. Again.

Jack notices that Lily is putting on lipstick.

Jack-Since when do you use lipstick?

Lily continues to look at herself in the mirror and not answering Jack. Jack walks in front of the big mirror attached to closet door, checking himself out. He is wearing a tux.

Jack-Jesus, I'm Nervous it's a big night! I'm sweating.See, look!

Lily continues to look at herself in the mirror, not responding to Jack.

Jack-Lils did you hear me? Earth to Lily. Hey, you ok?

The scene goes quiet and the Lily's begin to narrate.

Lily-I love nights like these. See, most girls panic when it comes to balls and dances, they can't decide what to wear, how much make up to put on, so they go through outfits, nervous, like monkeys in the zoo. Eventually, they find the perfect dress. Me, I like going to dances, not because of the music or the dancing, but in every dance there's that moment where there is nothing but smiles and laughter, and in that moment, I see the one thing I've always wanted, true complete happiness. So yeah, tonight is a big night, I only wish you were there with me.

MY NAME IS LILY

The scene starts off in a high school homecoming dance. This is a school gym, balloons and ribbons decorate the walls. There is a stage with a DJ. There are round tables with seats at one half of the room, the other half is set up for dancing. There are groups of students dancing. The lighting is darkened for a romantic affect. The tables are brightly decorated. There are laser and mirror lights auto adjusting to the music. The scene pans through the crowd where everyone is dancing, talking, laughing, and having a good time. The scene switches to Lily sitting at a table alone looking up the meaning of true happiness on her phone. Lily's continues to narrate.

Lily- Welcome to Lutheran High! tonight is homecoming.Everyone is dancing and having a blast. See that girl is sitting by herself looking at her phone, that's me. My name is Lily and I'm what everyone one calls, the most nerdy and awkward girl in school, and they're not wrong. I have a hard time when it comes to socializing with others. It always comes out weird, but I wouldn't classify myself as a nerd. I actually wouldn't classify myself as anything, really.