Chapter 5~ Meeting Jungkook

Areum's POV

To say I was nervous was extremely an understatement. Especially after passing those unnecessarily grand, brass gates.

Well, the total conclusion is that the entire school is the epitome of nothing but fancy.

Swallowing harshly, the driver opened the door of the car, my figure alighting from the vehicle unto the hard, concrete school grounds.

“Let's go, Areum”, Appa ordered flatly before we made our way down the gravel path towards the main entrance of the school.

To say that Bangtan-Seoul High was luxurious, was definitely another understatement. The brief gravel path which led to the massive stairs of the school was lined with lush, green bushes and vibrant flowers with various aromatic scents.

The environment screamed picturesque.

And it looked even more mesmerizing at dawn; the sun's light bouncing off the academy's ornamentations, causing iridescent flickers to hit them as if they were illuminating the whole building. Scratch that, the entire campus.

Those gold and silver embellishments adorned the Victorian-esque architecture of building held by multiple lavish pillars, giving it a Greek-ish feel; upright like one of the many temples in Athens.

Cherry blossoms stood majestically around the campus which was flooded with students or staff on differents parts; some taking shed provided by said trees as they read their favourite novella or prepared for the new year, some freshmen laughing with their peers or just by themselves as they strolled with intertwined or fiddling hands respectively while walking up to the grand institution for the first time.

Staff grumbling under their breaths by the carelessness of some students who bumped into them as they scurried towards the teacher's lounge, mentally preparing themselves for another rollercoaster of a year.

It was the beginning of new school year. And the institution definitely lived up to the required expectations.

A slight chilly breeze blew in my direction, making me shudder as goosebumps left in its wake. It had already started transitioning to spring yet it still felt like the October weather; the icy airstream felt like cold needles prickling at my sides. But in a tranquil way.

As Appa and I approached the front desk, I could feel the millions, if not billions, of eyes staring at our direction.

More specifically at me.

I gulped tensely as I fisted my already clammy hands, my nails digging into the soft flesh beneath it. I kept my head drooped whilst my eyes clenched shut tightly. The conversation between Appa and the receptionist went in one ear and flew out another before I completely tuned them out. My breathing grew erratic but I needed to calm myself. Immediately.

Breathe in. Out. In. Out.

Get a hold of yourself, Areum.

You're going to be alright.

Think about Eomma. You'd be making her so proud and happy.

Think about that evil witch, Da-eun. Her reaction when she sees you doing the opposite of what she expected: thriving.

That actually made my lips quirk up a bit.

Feeling a bit relaxed, I gently opened my eyes, lifting my head up before I offered the receptionist a polite smile, which she returned but rather tautly.

Oh well.

After Appa finished with whatever transaction or meeting he was doing that I honestly couldn't care less about, the receptionist, who I heard through the conversation was named Gia, handed me newly-printed documents and a laminated card which I skimmed through, finding out it was my schedule, a manual of sorts, a school map (subtle flex but okay) and the plastic card being my ID which I tucked into my jacket's inner pocket, before she raised her long, manicured index finger, pointing towards the direction of my classroom.