1. Stupid projects

E L I A S

Sitting across from me is Andrew Rodriguez, the epitome of the word "perfect" with his A+ grades and striking good looks, frustratingly amazing in everything he does.

We've crossed paths since freshman year. After all we do share the same friend group.

By the way, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Elias Clark, currently seated in Orchids High School's cafeteria.

Meanwhile, the girl I've admired for three years, Alicia Baker, leans towards that guy, noting something down from his notebook, which I assume to be his homework.

Jealousy ignites within me witnessing their intimacy. I fight the urge to punch this guy right in the middle of the cafeteria.

Yet, I opt for a wiser approach. Acting like a jerk in front of Alicia would only repel her, and stupid Andrew would gain an even stronger chance in winning her heart.

As the bell signals the end of lunch break, I rise and prepare to leave, still keeping an eye on the pair who were working on their homework, now gathering their belongings.

A touch on my shoulder grabs my attention—it's Nikolas Garcia, my best friend, he probably knows me more than I know myself

"See you after classes, bro," Niko says, acknowledging our parting until hometime, as we don't have the next three classes together.

"Yeah, bye, bro," I reply, reciprocating the farewell.

Niko gives me a brief sideways hug, and we part ways.

I catch Andrew looking at Nikolas with an inscrutable expression.

Huh, odd.

Disregarding Andrew's reaction, I make my way to my next class, silently dreading the upcoming physics lesson. I'm awful in physics.

IN PHYSICS CLASS

Despite my dislike in physics, Alicia's presence in the class is my favorite thing. However, Andrew, the shithead, is a drawback, he's in this class as well.

His incessant answering of every question irritates me. How much does that boy even study?

As Mrs. Smith enters the classroom, she announces a project, It's some stupid project that we get to do in pairs as selected by our teacher. A prospect I dread.

Yet, I secretly wish to be paired with Alicia to spend more time with her.

Mrs. Smith proceeds to assign partners, and I tune out until my name is called. As I get to know who my partner is my expression shifts from boredom to shock and irritation.

Why am I stuck with Andrew?

Though disappointed not to be paired with Alicia, I console myself that it could have been worse, Alicia could be paired with Andrew.

Internally sighing, I reluctantly turn to see my "partner".

I notice him chatting with his friend, looking shy as his friend is smirking about something.

I quickly avert my gaze, as I'm not interested in whatever they're talking about.

Mrs. Smith explains the project, and the class comes to an end.

AUTHORS NOTE

I know it's bad but like the gay will come soon 😭😭 please bear with me through the hetero.

Let me know how the chapter is, if I should make the chapters shorter/longer or if there are any errors!