𝟬𝟭𝟭. ( cake )

PAPER RINGS[ narrative ]

PAPER RINGS
[ narrative ]

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

If there's one thing Blair knows, it's that baking will always solve her problems

If there's one thing Blair knows, it's that baking will always solve her problems. If she's ever having an off day, she can bake and her day will automatically be better. There's not any specific thing she likes about it, it's just in general distracting and therapeutic.

It's the same thing with dancing. Only difference is that she doesn't have the choice to dance anymore, but she has the choice to bake and can do it any time she'd like.

So to keep herself distracted from her daddy issues, she chose to bake a cake. Something simple and easy yet fun to make.

Just as she finishes tying her apron, a knock sounds from her front door. An irritated sigh escapes her lips as she walks over to the door. She makes the stupid decision to open it without looking through the peep hole first. Blonde moment. She comes face to face with gracie.

"Hey, Bee," Gracie says, waving with a small smile. Blair curses herself for finding it cute.

"Hey, Cici." she smiles.

"Can I come in?" she politely asks.

"Of course. make yourself at home," Blair answers without hesitation. She can't help but feel comfortable with Gracie, comfortable enough to let her inside her house. "Don't mind the mess. I was baking something," she adds once noticing Gracie's eyes set on the kitchen.

"You bake?" Gracie asks, turning to face Blair again.

"Yeah, it's one of my ways of coping. I used to major in culinary in college, but then I dropped out and had no chance of ever getting a cooking or baking-related job," Blair explains. It wasn't her decision to drop out. It was Tyler's. He told her if she didn't drop out, he would break up with her. So she dropped out, not wanting to lose him.