𝟏𝟏 | 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵𝑺

𝙏𝙒𝙊 𝘿𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝙋𝘼𝙎𝙎 𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙈 𝘼𝙉𝘿 everyone's been on clean up duty. Raven and a few others set the radio up in its own tent, more so for privacy while each delinquent talks to their parents or Jaha. Carson was one of the first people to meet with his mom. Each person gets taken to the tent after the last person is done.

And Gray knows he'll more than likely have a turn, even if he doesn't want one. He knows his father won't bother showing up, but at the same time, he's also curious as to if he will. If he's even alive, that is. And that's not saying Gray would even talk to him. He'd probably just cuss the man out before leaving the tent.

"Gray, you're next." Gray doesn't see who calls his name, and he hadn't expected his turn to be so soon. Ultimately, Gray decides to head to the tent, against his better judgement. He steps inside and stands there for a moment to mentally prepare himself for whatever he sees. Whether it be his father or Jaha, he'll hate it either way. But, of course, when Gray sits down and puts the headset on, he sees his father sitting in the chair on the screen.

Immediately, he regrets deciding to do this, his anger boiling in his veins at the sight of the man staring back at him. The same man that beat him for simply existing. Gray's jaw tightens and he inhales sharply. "You're alive. Glad to see I taught you well."

Gray scoffs, eyes rolling. "And so are you, but I can't say the same. What the fuck do you want?"

"I want to talk."

"Talk?" Gray asks, a dirty look in his eyes. "You want to talk? Well, I don't. I only did this in hopes you were fucking dead."

"Gray, listen, son. I--" Son. That single word does something to Gray and he snaps. Never in his life has he been so angry over Darrien Lawson calling him something.

"Don't ever fucking call me that again," the boy hisses. He knows he'll probably make a few heads turn in camp with his volume, but he doesn't care. He's to angry. "I am not your son, jackass. I don't care if you've made some miraculous fucking recovery in the last eight and a half months and you came to apologize, but I don't want to hear it. I'll see you in hell, Darrien."

Before the man is able to utter a single word, Gray rips the headset off his head and slams it down. As he storms out of the drop ship, a few heads turn, most of them shocked at the way Gray spoke to his father. None of them realize the extent to what Darrien did to his son.

As Gray storms past the table with nuts on it being rationed, Jasper-- who's cracking some of them- notices Gray's demeanor as he passes. His brows furrow and he takes a step toward Gray. Though, just as he's about to reach out, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He peers over his shoulder to see Carson with a grim expression, making him step back.

"I wouldn't, Jasper. You'll only piss him off more," Carson warns. Jasper swallows hard at the thought of what Gray might do if Carson hadn't been here to stop him. Carson purses his lips. "I'll go talk to him."

Not even ten seconds pass after he says that before the group hears shouting coming from further out of camp, somewhere by the entrance. Carson sighs and jogs in that direction to find one of the delinquents shoving Gray back, hard. The boy is about three inches shorter than Gray with curly blond hair and a small stature. Gray could easily kick his ass.

"Watch where you're going, man!"

Gray shoves the boy back with just as much force. "You rammed into me, prick! Watch your damn mouth."

Which is why Carson rushes forward. He reaches out and puts his body between them in an attempt to deescalate the situation before it gets too out of hand and the blond kid ends up unconscious on the ground. "Calm down, both of you. Gray, go cool off."