~Chapter Thirteen~

(Keefe's POV)

I don't deserve Foster. I'm the one who decided to leave that pink gulon with her, which lead her to try and give it back to me. That's how she got into the scooter accident. Why can't she see that no matter how hard I try, I always seem to mess things up?

If I mess up our relationship like I've messed up everything else in her life, then everything's over. I don't have Foster, I don't have anyone who understands me, and... And now I think I just made her even more upset. I bury my face in my hands as I'm sitting on my bed.

After ripping my pillow open with anger, my face softens. I stare at the picture of me and Sophie on my nightstand. Suddenly, the anger comes back and I fling the picture off my nightstand. Glass shatters, but all sound seems muffled.

I'm... I'm numb. I can't feel anything. All my angry tears evaporate. It's like someone turned off my emotions. I bury my face in my pillow and struggle to fall asleep, but I keep tossing and turning. I can't help replaying every moment I've ever had with Foster.

She looks so beautiful.

Too beautiful for me.

That anger finally bursts out of my chest, but it doesn't come out in punches. It comes out in tears. Then I'm even angrier at myself for crying about Sophie.

If I don't deserve her, I shouldn't care about her... Right?

But I do. 

I care about Sophie more than anyone else in the world. Including me.

I can't give her up.

But I can't take her, either.

That leaves me... Nowhere.

Nobody can help me. Only Sophie can.

*******************************************************************

(Sorry this chapter was so short. I'll write more tomorrow. BYE!)