𝙰𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚖𝚊

☯☯☯

𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢.

☯☯☯

Yandere: Matthew. Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin, 21 years old.

☯☯☯

It was just a normal night. My friend Matthew invited me to accompany him on a walk. We did this from time to time, simply enjoying the serenity of the outdoors and the joy of each other's company.

We are already walking when Matthew speaks up. "Hey, (Y/N), do you know the legend about the stars and how they align, just like they are tonight?" He asks.

I shake my head no. "No, I don't. To be honest, I didn't know that the stars aligned at all!" I admit.

His steps get a little closer to you as he prepares to tell the tale.

"Well, it is said that if you wish for something exactly when the stars fall into place, and you wish it with all of your heart, your wish will be granted by the heavens." He explains, getting a starry look in his eyes.

"So, essentially like shooting stars, but rarer?" I ask him, chuckling slightly at him. To be honest, this sounded kind of childish.

"Well, kinda." He did the maybe maybe not gesture with his hand. "However, people actually believe in this because it has granted wishes before! My uncle wished upon it once, and the next day, boom! His wish came true!"

"Well, if this does work then, what would you wish for?" I ask Matthew. His eyes become ever more starry, if even possible.

"I would wish for my one deepest, truest desire in life!" Matthew spoke, closing his eyes and blushing.

"Oh? And what would that be?" I question, raising a brow.

"I can't tell you! Besides, that's for me to know and you to find out." Your friend boops you on the nose. "Now c'mon, there's this really great place at the top of the hill. We can view the alignment and make our wishes there!" He latched his hand onto my wrist, pulling me along.

When we finally reached the top, I was almost out of breath. I supported my huffing self on my knees, face looking down. My face was then cupped into Matthew's warm hands.

"You alright, (N/N)?" He asks. I look into his sky blue eyes. They look at me with passion. It's an extra starriness that I only see him get when he looks at me.

"Yeah, Matt, just catching my breath." I stand up straight. However, Matthew doesn't let go of my face. "Umm, you can let go now."

"No. Ooh! Look, that stars are aligning!" He tilts my face to the sky. I see the three brightest stars all in one line. "Now, make your wish!"

"I wish for my student debt to be paid off." I tell the sky.

Matthew then looks up at the sky, taking a deep breath. "I wish for my best friend in the whole world to love me as much as I love her. I want to hold her, feel her, and steal her." He turns back to me, pulling my face close to his.

Our lips collide. Maybe I would've kissed back, but the sickly sweetness of his wish/ confession and the way his lips hungrily ate mine freaked me out.

When he broke the forced act of love, there was an obsessed look in his eyes. "So, what do you say, (Y/N)? Will you be mine?"

I sighed, giving him a sympathetic look. "Matthew, you're my best friend. And I love you, just as a friend."

Matthew looks shocked and betrayed. "I know, but the stars were supposed to grant my wish! You are supposed to love me! I even read a prophecy saying that a man, 21 years of age with blonde hair and sky blue eyes, would win over his best friend, a female 20 years of age with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes!" He sounded crazy.

"Matthew, that is a story! I know it sounds just like us, but it's not! I don't love you in a romantic way, and no big balls of gas billions of light-years away can change that!" I yell at him.

"No, no, no. Darling, it'll be alright. It probably just needs some time to kick in." He takes my hand again. I try to rip it away, but to no avail. "We can just go to my house and wait for it to kick in. We can cuddle on the couch and watch movies. Whatever you want. Then, you can stay over tonight. By morning, I'm sure you'll feel like a new woman."

I tried to protest, but he just picked me up bridal style, walking me to his house, locking the door behind him. He tossed me gently on the couch.

"Here, dear," Matthew hands me the remote. "What would you like to watch? We have Netflix and Hulu." I couldn't wiggle out. His arm was almost around my neck.

"(N/N), I would suggest that you pick a movie, or you won't like what happens next." He threatens.

I finally decided to find my voice. "M- matthew, you won't actually do anything to me, r-right?" I stutter out.

"As long as the stars grant me my greatest desire."

I still couldn't believe that he believed in that. However, you couldn't help but think, could the stars really make you change like that.

Since the movie was over, my former friend carried me up to his bed.

"In the morning, everything will be different. We'll both be happy." Matthew stated, kissing my head.

Somehow, in my unconscious state, I suddenly felt everything shift. I cuddled into Matthew's warmth, smiling.

☯☯☯

Well, this oneshot was pretty tame. Did we like the delulu boy?

Thank you for reading!