Way Down We Go

"Thank you for the new host, Ethan." said the Absolute Solver, "Think fast."

The Absolute Solver hurled the Patch at Ethan, the sharp side facing him. Ethan closed his eyes and prepared for the impact..... And it never came. Ethan opened his eyes. He saw a yellow Absolute Solver holding onto the Patch.

Ethan turned around to see Cyn, N, and Tia. Cyn held out her hand, she had saved Ethan using her own Absolute Solver. Cyn attempted to throw it at Maxine's visor, but she blocked it, forcing it into the fleshy pit. Maxine grew numerous spider-like claws and began moving toward the fleshy pit.

"This has been cute an all." said the Absolute Solver, "But, I'm.... Starving."

Maxine leaped into the fleshy pit. Ethan, Cyn, N, and Tia were wide-eyed. They rushed towards the pit. It was deep, and they had no idea where it led. 

"There's only one way to find out." said Cyn.

Without thinking, Cyn leaped in.

"Cyn!" yelled N and Ethan.

N, Tia, and Ethan stared at each other and decided to jump in. It was a long fall. The walls were covered with a red fleshy substance that terrified Ethan. N caught Ethan and deployed his wings. They landed safely on the ground.

Cyn was already there, looking around. It was a quarry beneath the facility. The quarry was eerie, only illuminated by torches. The group swallowed their fear and continued on. They needed to find Maxine and save her from the Absolute Solver. They also needed to locate the Patch.

The walls were covered with oil and more of that red fleshy substance. The group came at a fork in the path. N noticed a minecart full of oil. He approached it and glanced inside. A drone's head floated in it. N pulled the minecart to the side, accidently knocking a torch off the wall and onto a stray chunk of dynamite. The dynamite exploded, causing a small section of the quarry to cave in, separating the group.

N took a step back and looked at the rubble. He turned around and saw Uzi waving at him.

"N, I've missed you." said Uzi.

N stepped back, he knew this was not Uzi.

"Come on Uzi, would you want to hug an old friend?" asked Uzi.

"Y-you're not Uzi...." said N.

"Clever indeed, you know why I kept your group's personality the same." said the Absolute Solver.

N stepped back even more, being stopped by the rubble.

"You always surprised me." said the Absolute Solver, getting its camera eye close to N's face, "You loved doing anything."

The Solver grabbed N and dragged him away. Meanwhile, Ethan was walking through the quarry. He was afraid, especially since he was now alone. Ethan took a torch off the wall to serve as a light source, just in case. Ethan also took out his revolver. He didn't know how to use it correctly, but it'll do in a pinch.

Ethan looked at the walls. He eventually found a map of the quarry with a Solver Symbol over a specific place. That might be important. Ethan took a mental note and began walking towards the specified place.

Meanwhile, N fought against the Solver's grip. N saw multiple human-like hands emerge from a dark area beyond some wooden support beams. N grew claws in an attempt to escape the Solver's grasp. N finally broke free using his arm blades. N jumped up and ran away as the Solver chased him.

N escaped the Solver. He paused to get his breath before crying. He missed Uzi a lot. Meanwhile, Ethan had located the specified place. It was an old, cathedral-like building. Ethan approached the door and shoved it open.

Inside the cathedral, a computer stood on the altar. It was on but spewing static. Ethan was confused yet headed towards it. Ethan stared at the static. Finally, a video appeared on screen. A video that will give Ethan a large and horrifying revelation.