𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 4

In the dimly lit chamber of the Gojo family's ancestral home, the walls glowed with the warm, orange hue of flickering candles

In the dimly lit chamber of the Gojo family's ancestral home, the walls glowed with the warm, orange hue of flickering candles. Secluded within, Satoru and Hotaru's parents gathered, sealing themselves away to deliberate the destiny awaiting their offspring. The air hung thick with anticipation and unspoken fears, as ancient traditions and familial duties collided.

Tenji, his voice tinged with reluctance and relief, broke the silence first. "You expect Satoru and Hotaru to complete their education at Jujutsu High before pursuing an heir, correct? I know my clan's elders will pressure them—"

His query was abruptly cut off by his wife's sharp interjection, a break from customary respect that left the room in stunned silence. "Has Mirai Gojo returned from overseas?" she demanded, her tone carrying an edge that deepened the currents of tension and dissatisfaction.

The question raised eyebrows from Satoru's mother, intrigued and wary of the motive behind such a sudden shift in conversation. "Yes... My sister returned last month. Why?" she inquired, her calm demeanor a stark contrast to the palpable tension emanating from Sora.

Tenji, sharing a look of confusion with his wife, found himself at a loss. The meeting, intended to solidify a betrothal agreement, was veering into unforeseen territory. "My husband cannot seem to make rational decisions regarding the fate of the Akari. He's been blinded by that demon child he insists we call our daughter," Sora declared, her words slicing through the strained silence with the precision of a blade.

The atmosphere, already charged with tension, seemed to thicken, the weight of her accusation hanging heavily between the two families. "I thought this was a simple meeting for a betrothal agreement, Tenji?" The dark-haired male bowed in a silent plea for forgiveness, knowing all too well the direction this conversation was taking—a path he had hoped to avoid, yet one his wife embraced with fervor.

He knew his father wouldn't be satisfied with this meeting alone. No, Daisuke Akari had to drive another wedge between him and his wife, assigning tasks he would have vetoed.

Sora's disdain for her daughter became more evident with each word. "My husband is too attached to Hotaru to do what is right for the clan. We don't want her tainted blood staining a potential heir, so we're turning to you for assistance. Mirai has a special ability, known throughout the Jujutsu World. Our family would like her to perform the ritual on the twins so Reiner is sure to inherit Hotaru's power."

"Do you realize what you are asking?" The white-haired female gaped at the other mother. "Mirai has only performed that technique once, and it was to save a fatally wounded comrade."

Mirai Gojo, a half-blood; her father hailed from the esteemed Gojo clan, while her mother was a mere commoner with immense cursed energy. The result of a one-night stand, Mirai became a powerful asset to the family. Her cursed technique allowed her to manipulate and transfer cursed energy from one soul to another, killing the first while the latter gained the deceased's cursed techniques.