runaway

Paige's POV:

We get to the mall after a very long... very awkward car ride there. I can tell that Nika noticed this but she didn't say anything about it, she's just playing her music and vibing while trying to ignore us and our tension the whole way there.

We park outside of the mall and we make our way out of the car and into the mall, we start walking through and I spot a foot locker making me start walking towards it. Nika and Jasmine follow behind me.

"I saw these shoes I showed you a couple of months ago in here last week, imma get them this time" I hear Nika tell Jas which makes a gasp leave her lips. "Oh yay! They were cute" Jas says in response.

I speed over to a pair that I've been wanting for a while when I see a worker come up to me. "Do you want to try them on" she asks with a smile as I look over at her. "Um yea size 11 please" (Idfk she's tall so😭)

"Okay, I'll be right back" she says before biting her lip and turning away. I see Jas and Nika standing not too far from me so I decide to walk over, "what are you looking at" I ask making them turn towards me.
"I'm trying to convince Jasmine to wear these jordans, she'd look so cute with them" Nika says as Jas looks at me with a pleasing expression on her face.

"Nah I agree, but to be honest she'd look cute in anything" I say while maintaining eye contact with her making a blush form on her face as she bites her lip. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see the worker smiling up at me.

"Here ya go, let me know if you need anything else" she says making me nod my head before thanking her. I see that there's a bench behind Jas so I tap her waist while muttering an "excuse me" as I sit down to try the shoes on, just to make sure they're comfortable.

I put them on and stand up while looking at them in the mirror, "those are fire" Nika says as I stare at them, I glance up to see that Jasmine is nodding her head in agreement.

"Bet, definitely gonna cop them then" I say before making my way back to the bench so I could take them off. "You getting the shoes mama?" I say once I see the jordans in Jasmines hands, the awkwardness finally leaving my body.

"Yea, Nika has convinced me" she responds as Nika elbows her in response, we go to the register so we could pay for the shoes. Jasmine is standing behind me and Nika is standing near the exit as she is on the phone with someone.

We get to the register and I grab the shoes from her hand as she gapes at me, "no paige don't" she says while trying to take them off of the counter as I just shake my head in response while grabbing her hand. "It's happening baby, don't fight it" I say with a smirk as I see the frustration on her face.

I pay as she continues to try to get me not to as I ignore it, the worker who grabbed my shoes also happens to be checking us out and when she hands me the bag she also hands me a paper with a number on it, "have a good day, call me sometime" she says in a flirty manor making me awkwardly smile at her in response before grabbing the bag from her, leaving the number with her as I drag Jasmine out with me.

"That's so fucking awkward" i mumble while motioning Nika towards a hot topic that I saw Jasmine looking into earlier. "What people thinking your hot?" Jasmine asks making me shake my head.

"No I'm aware that I'm hot, more so that people flirt while being sober, couldn't be me" I respond making her look at me with a "be fucking for real" face as I only smile in response. "Only do it for you mama" I say while dragging her into the hot topic as Nika slowly follows from behind.

Jasmine squeezes my hand in return before walking ahead of me a bit with our hands still connected. She walks around the store for a bit, with me holding on to her hand the whole time. She finds a shirt she likes and goes to pay for it but I swipe my card before she could making her glare at me.

"I swear to fucking god Paige, stop it!" She says with furrowed eyebrows which I only shrug off, "sorry babe, the thought of paying for your stuff was too overwhelming" I state with a cocky look on my face which only responds to me getting punched in the shoulder before Jasmine turns to thank the worker before taking the bag.

We see Nika walking towards us, not on the phone anymore and walking towards us with a smile, "my friend is here so I'm ditching you two, I'll call you when I wanna leave! enjoy" she says before turning away "oh and Jasmine don't forget to get that lingerie you wanted" she says while rushing away from us.

I turn towards Jasmine to see that she is standing there with a flushed face and furrowed eyebrows, "who are you trying to look pretty for?" I ask teasingly making her glare at me, "I can't just look good for myself?" She asks making me shake my head.

"No maam, just wondering if you'd give me a show" I say which she seems to be in thought about before she says "I'll think about it" making my jaw drop in shock of her confidence "let's go get that then yea?" I say before dragging her towards the Victoria secret before she could say no.

"Paige" she whines out when she sees that I'm heading right in the direction of Victoria secret. "Don't worry baby, just pick something pretty for me" I say making her blush before letting go of my hand to rush inside as I follow behind her amused.

:)