what the flip

~time skip~

Julien's POV:

Basketball practice today is really beating my ass, Geno wants to make sure all of us are in shape well before the season even starts so he's having us run 3 laps around campus and then do a scrimmage before taking a break and doing 2 laps around the gym.

We're currently on the last lap around the gym and I'm dripping in sweat, I go to take my t-shirt off and when I do I see Nika looking back at me from her place in front of me. She stumbles a bit before turning back around and continuing to run.

"She was drooling" I hear KK say quietly from beside me making me chuckle and shake my head, "hush" I mumble in return making her cackle.

We finally finish with practice so as soon as he blows that whistle I run over to my water bottle as everyone else does the same. Nika sits down next to me and leans her body against mine. "That's the worst he's ever worked us" Ice says while laying on the floor in front of me.

"You say that every time we do drills" Paige says with a laugh as Ice simply just glares at her in return. "Lies" she grumbles making us all chuckles. Nika's head rests on my shoulder as she takes a deep breaths.

"Alright girls, while you guys are catching your breath I thought I'd let you know that there with me a scrimmage against the boys team next Thursday! I expect you all to be there and for you all to whoop their sorry asses" Geno says while standing in front of us all.

We all nod our heads before we decide to play a chill scrimmage, just to cool our bodies down from the intense workout we just did. Geno stays to watch before leaving a little bit before we decide to end it.

"Imma go get ice cream yall.. I need a treat for all of my hard work" Ice says with a pout, "oh I want some too!" I say while jumping up from the locker room bench as I rush to get in the shower.
I change and as I'm walking out I see Ice and Nika waiting.

I grab my clothes so I can get changed quickly, "I'll wait in the gym, I gotta call someone real quick" Ice says making me nod my head while unfolding my clothes.

Nika stays in her spot in front of her locker, scrolling through her phone, I avoid the glances that are occasionally sent my way as I get dressed. When I'm finished I grab my bag and put some deodorant on before locking my locker up and looking over to Nika to see if she's good to go.

When I look over I see a red tint on her cheeks but I shrug it off considering it is a heated locker room. "Ready?" I ask while walking over to the door as she hums and gets up with her backpack on.
We make our way out of the locker room and into the gym where Ice is still in the phone, Nika jingles her keys to get Ice's attention before pointing to the exit as Ice nods and follows behind us.

(AN: sorry for the short and late post.. I've been busy😅)