Chapter 63 - 66

Chapter 63

Lin Jingzhe was resting in his chair behind the office desk, his heart was as stable as a boat moored in a harbor. In his hands was the string of mala beads bestowed by Grandma Xiao. The exquisite and clear color of the tourmaline reflected the sunlight, creating a series of sparkling light spots. He held another string of wooden beads in his other hand, the collision sounds of these beads were slightly distinct from the other. These buddhist beads were the ones that Xiao Chi hung over his neck a while back. After they got together, Lin Jingzhe placed these wooden buddhist beads in his office. From time to time, he would take these old, but well-cared for, beads out to fiddle with.

It was then that the landline rang on his desk. Lin Jingzhe connected the call and heard Gao Sheng's voice from the other end, "Jingzhe, I've already taken care of the commercial contract and the commercial actor. Now we just need to find people to prepare the script and find ourselves a suitable director!"

The advertisement of Haitang Bean Paste was imminent, the new TV series was going to be broadcasted soon.

Lin Jingzhe's dazed-like thoughts quickly dissipated as he immediately sat up. "Okay, arrange it as soon as possible. Make sure to finish everything in the shortest possible time!"

As soon as he arranged the order and hung up the phone, another call came in immediately after. It was Shen Juanying.

When Shen Juanying received the news of Lin Jingzhe's relationship yesterday, she immediately told her husband about it. The couple were so excited that they had trouble sleeping; Lin Runsheng even ate two extra bowls for dinner. The latter was now currently sitting on the sofa. He was absent-mindedly reading the newspaper whilst listening in to his wife's phone call.

Shen Juanying's voice took on a rather playful and teasing tone, "Jingzhe, how was your date yesterday?"

Lin Jingzhe was taken aback by her question. He felt the butterflies coming back into his body again as his heart started to flutter. He hesitated for a while before answering softly, "It was pretty good."

"You child, you didn't tell your family earlier that you are in a relationship? Your father was so happy after he found out yesterday, even his fierce expression easied up quite a bit." Shen Juanying was elated. Her mentality was quite simple, as long as Lin Runsheng was happy, then so was she. What's more, at Lin Jingzhe's age, falling in love was indeed something worthy of the entire family's attention. As a thoughtful person, Shen Juanying couldn't help but probe for more answers, "How long have you been in a relationship? Do you two have any plans for the future? As a boy, you must take responsibility. Don't play around okay?"

"I understand." Lin Jingzhe complied. He took a breath and added, "We... We plan to get married in the future."

"That's great!" Shen Juanying was overjoyed, the pre-existing situation was even better than she had expected. After encouraging Lin Jingzhe for a while, she reluctantly hung up the phone. When she placed down the receiver, Shen Juanying let out a long sigh of relief.

When the call came to an end, Shen Juanying smiled at the man sitting beside her. At some point, her husband had silently moved over to the edge of the coffee table. Although he was still pretending not to care while reading the newspaper, in fact, his eyes shone with the glint of a sneaky thief. "What do you think, are you satisfied?"

Lin Runsheng held onto his newspaper while his eyes were fixedly stared at the phone. His face was tense, but his heart was filled with a sense of strong, fatherly relief. He reminisced everything he had heard on the speaker phone just now. However, he did not know how to respond to his wife's teasing, so he just slightly pursed his lips.