Chapter 10: Black Shadow of Obsession

Tara looked down from the ropeway. Her eyes were dancing in amusement. She looked at the forest. It's beyond amazing.

"I have heard that some tigers reside in this forest"

Dharmesh said.

Tara looked at him in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yes, the forest guards are telling many stories about the tigers"

"I want to see one from close...a cub...they are so cute"

Dharmesh started to laugh after hearing her.

"A cub can be dangerous too...he can eat you...Afterall you are too small"

Tara frowned. She understood that he is making fun of her short height.

"No one is perfect Dharmesh..."

"But our Nawab Saab is beyond perfect"

Tara's face lost the glow. Her all happiness vanished after hearing Ibrahim's name. Her mood turned sour.

"He is so perfect... whenever I see him, I get jealous in some way...I want a body like him...He is so fit and handsome...Have you seen his skin? What does he eat? I'm sure he eats so much nutritious food everyday which we never can afford...His hair is so perfect..and his height! I'm only 5'7 but he is more than 6 ft I guess...God has given him everything..luxury, beauty, charm, a perfect personality, fame and what not.."

Tara looked at Dharmesh.

"But you got a good heart Dharmesh... That's the most important thing...it doesn't matter how he looks...I feel you are richer than him...You got a lovely family...Your parents, your sister, your younger brother all are so loving and caring...These things make someone rich..."

Dharmesh looked at Tara dreamily.

"You really think I'm better than Nawab Saab?"

This is something new he got today. Noone has praised him before like this. He finds it so amusing. A different kind of happiness filled his inside.

"Yes...in every possible way"

Tara said with a broad smile.

Dharmesh averted his gaze. He is a man with a very average look and dusky skin tone. He always felt that girls never got attracted towards him. He also has no money. He can't give a girl the comfort and luxury.

But today he found so much admiration on Tara's eyes for him. Suddenly he started to feel special.

Tara looked at him again. She smiled. His presence is making her happy. For a second she thought about something that made her blush furiously. Life would be so easy if a friend like Dharmesh stays beside her.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you that I'm planning to buy a small flat..I have saved some money...next week I will go to see that flat..will you come with me Tara?"

Tara's smile increased.

"Sure... I'm very happy for you"

Dharmesh looked into her eyes. He has also told the promoter to make a small balcony. Every time his imagination runs to that balcony and every time he sees her having coffee with him in that small balcony.

"We will drink coffee on that balcony"

Dharmesh said.

"Umm..no..I like tea"

Tara said by suppressing her smile. They both laughed out loudly.

"I'm going to buy a flat..."

Dharmesh shouted out in the sky. His voice echoed.