Chapter:8

~Dheere Dheere by honey singh

Chavi's pov:
"Who abhimanyu?" I asked without registering her words completely.
"Abhimanyu Raichand..." she trailed off.

Wait, what? It took a moment for me to register her words and when they did. Saying I was shocked would be an understatement. I looked toward arya who had neutral face. Seems like I didn't know about this only, again.

Nandani was looking at me with nervous gaze. She was moving her fingers, continuously while biting her lower lip in nervousness. 

Yeah, it's true that I'm angry with her for not telling me before but I'm happy for them both. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. Well, I'm happy for both of them. They will be good match.
"Why are you not saying anything?" she asked me with an anxious look.

"What can I say? I mean you both are adults and I think abhimanyu bhai is good for you. I knew something was going on between you two but this was way to quick. But in the end, I'm happy for you both. Don't any of you think that I forgave you guys for keeping things from me." I explained in a calm tone.

If I'm being truth full, maybe, I'm sad that they didn't tell me about these things but I can get where it's coming from.

Firstly, Arya or bhai or any of them didn't inform me about this because,
they don't want me to get involved in this mafia business. So, they usually prefer to not inform me about this shit. But, since, I made all of them promise me, that they won't keep things from me  they tell me almost everything.  I usually stay away from this mafia business but I'm no saint. I have done this work and its a part of me. No, matter what one say this is a dark part of me. But still they prefer to keep me away from this stuff being protective of me and so, do I prefer to do. But I can't loose anymore people in my life so, I don't back away from doing what is necessary if the situation demands.

Secondly, Nandani didn't tell me anything because its my fault. I have been a little too isolated for last 2 years. I barely talked with bade papa and badi ma, or anyone in my family.  I didn't do anything intentionally but I needed time, after, what had happened. Well, lets not go to that part of my life. I don't prefer to talk about it. So, I basically stopped talking with anyone, including my best friends. I know that I hurted them with my silence but I couldn't help it.

"Does your parents know about this?" I asked nandani.
Her face changed to stoic, calm look and she answered,
"I did inform them."

"And they agreed so easily?" I asked being a little confused.

"They can do anything for money, baby. Abimanyu is way too much wealthy. I'm sure they would even be proud of me because they got a rich, wealthy and a business tycoon as their son-in-law. Now, my good for nothing stepmother will definately be able to flaunt how she has such a wealthy son-in-law..." she said with a mirthless laugh.

"-That my good for nothing father now remembers that he had a daughter, with whom he hadn't even talked properly for last 3 years. Do you know, they want to see me. They have invited me for dinner at their grand mansion." All this time she had a bitter smile on her face.

"I know you can do this by yourself but you don't have to go alone." I offered.
She gave me her genuine smile and said,
"Thanks for asking! But, I'll go by myself."

After that conversation, we three changed the topic and continued to talk some more and then we went to see Abhimanyu bhai after sometime. I entered to see abhimanyu bhai doing something on laptop with a young handsome man was sitting with him. They were both having some discussion. Vardhaan bhai, Hukum sa and vihaan bhai were having some business discussion.

I can't believe this, how can someone be this much workaholic. Their gaze snapped to us when we entered the room.

I gave a disappointed look to my brothers. Abhimanyu bhai closed his laptop as soon as his eyes fell on me. Vihaan bhai closed the file, while vardhaan bhai gave me his 'ohh so innocent smile'.