꧁3꧂

Flag Catastrophe

Walking with all the other campers on her team, Alisara caught up with Annabeth. Luke had been walking next to Percy and she just felt uncomfortable around him for some reason.

Once the group of demigods were still, they listened to Chiron giving out the rules.

"As always, there will be no maiming and no killing." Chiron declared, "I trust these rules will be respected. Any magical item..." Alisara stopped paying attention to that, she had listened to this a thousand times, and she could basically recite it word for word.

Alisara was traveling through the campers, she should at least talk to Luke before the game

Percy looked down at the pen in his hands. "It's okay," Luke said, "let her rip."

Alisara didn't understand what the hell Luke meant by letting a pen rip, and neither did she know why Percy even had a pen. "I still don't even know what my job is." Percy sounded, "Maybe I won't even need a swor-" Chiron interrupted him. "Let the games begin!"

The red team started yelling out in intimidation. They seemed excited.

"I'm gonna need a sword." Percy nodded his head as he spoke.

Annabeth came up to Luke, Alisara, and Percy. "All right. We have 20 minutes before the second conch and game on. You know what you're doing?" Luke nodded in response. "Yes, ma'am." He was about to walk off until Annabeth spoke up. "Hey, Today feel like a winning kind of day to you?" Luke tilted his head. "See you on the other side."

"Good luck, Luke." Alisara high fives him. Luke walked off.

Percy went to follow him. "Not you, Jackson. You're with me." Annabeth shook her head towards him.

Alisara felt invisible, she didn't know what was happening. The girl could have walked off with Luke but then thought Percy would be with him and now Annabeth wants to bring Percy? Alisara huffed, she hated whatever she felt in her stomach. Boiling.

"Annabeth, what do I do?"

"Just uh- go with Luke."

But I don't want to go with Luke.

"Alright!"

Alisara gripped her shield so tight her knuckles turned white and walked off. "Go with Luke...Go with Luke." Alisara mumbled to herself in a high-pitched mocking voice. She kicked rocks as far as she could on her walk to Luke.

"Oh, hey Lisa! Aren't you supposed to be with Annabeth?" Luke and the rest of the blue team found a place for the flag and were waiting for the conch horn. "Well, Annbeth is going with Jackson. Completely shooed me away." She rubbed her foot into the dirt angrily. "C'mon, Lisa. You're always positive, you know you'll be alright." Luke patted her back.

Before Alisara could speak, the conch horn blew and the team started their plan which she didn't know anything about. "If I don't know anything, I'll do my own thing." she thought to herself and traveled into the woods.

Alisara found a tree and decided to climb it. She found a thick branch to sit on. With that spot she could see the lake, the smell wafted through the air and into her nose. All the anger, all the boiling in her stomach, it left. The birds chirped around her and Alisara found her epitome of peace while swinging her legs.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

Alisara heard some rustling and grunting, and then she saw a familiar boy - Percy - being chased by Clarisse and her gang. Because of her anger towards Percy, Alisara couldn't help but laugh at the sight. However, her laughter soon faded as she watched the intense fight between Percy and Clarisse.