Prologue

*trigger warning: violence and death*

I was drawing when I saw my dad walk by. He seemed in a hurry, which was a normal occurrence. I looked at him and I saw him holding none of the tools that he usually has. I got up and followed him. He was heading towards the King's room. He rushed in there closing the door behind him but it was still cracked open. I looked through the crack, trying not to be noticed. The King was walking out from another room when my dad walked up to him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Don't you have work on my palace?" the King snapped. This, too, was a normal occurrence. The King would snap for no apparent reason.

"I'm going to end this madness," my dad said in a low voice, his eyes filled with anger before lunging at him and stabbing him.

The King let out an unearthly shriek before swinging at my dad, knocking him to the ground. My dad got up and threw what looked like water at the King, which once again made him shriek. My dad then stabbed him a few more times before saying something in a language I didn't know or understood.

The King stumbled back, covering his ears, before collapsing to the ground. He didn't move. I then heard footsteps head into the room followed by a few gunshots. I closed my eyes tightly when I heard them. I heard a loud thud, followed by the gunshots ceasing. When I opened my eyes after the gunshots were gone and looked through the crack, I saw my dad laying in a pool of his own blood.

"Papa!" I cried, bursting into the room and running up to him.

Everything right after that was a blur.