sairyé vonde vhastka

beginning of an end.

𖤓𖤓𖤓

IT was all but a fine sunny day... Everyone was at their usual gambling businesses, the surrounding lacked ambiance, fear was on me when they would snatch my golden jade necklace from me. I would attempt to take it back, but their deafening laughter glued my feet to the ground. All that moves was my trembling fists, those that could do nothing but make my nails dig deeper to my skin.

I was powerless. So I was weak. That is all I could admit. But I tried... I tried seeking and mustering some strength to fight this twisted fate. This world was indeed cruel, yet I refused to see it that way. All my hopes I have given it, those left no courage in me.

However, when I hoped to snap my fingers in hopes to wake up from this bad dream, I realised that this is life. Something not worth living at all. If I were to become defeated today, at least don't make me wake up to another battle anymore.

Please.

When suddenly, I heard a sudden explosion. It was not of another bomb that they used to try to scare me, nor my heart becoming thirsty for such vengeance. It was all but... the sun...?

"Father...?"

I found myself muttering that word whilst looking at my motionless feet. A part of me shouts, "run!" but my body was not one. It could not move on with different schemes. All I could do is shake in fear, hoping that I'd get to be saved by him again.

Yet everything has turned into dusts. I was already in the verge of getting into the scorching fire when I felt something warmer than that of its embers.

Holding me was a lady in a black hood, covered by all of her mask and cape. She was flying like a free bird and passing by the wind like destiny. I must be dreaming, I thought, but to manage to have a look of her resplendent flame eyes told me that I wasn't.

As I was being carried nowhere, my eyes started to feel heavy that I could barely perceive anything anymore. I tried fighting the urge to shut them, but I only failed the same. It was no different from trying to fit into this now-combusting society. The only thing that works for me was my ears as I listened to their final words containing an equilibrium of regrets and wishes.

Is this the end for me...?

Or rather...

Is this the end for everything?

I don't know. I don't even want to feel like breathing again. But maybe—just maybe—somewhere in heaven or hell would someone tell me what has gone onto this virulent orb of hatred and abuse. But for all I care... all that I could remember was simple.

It was all but a fine sunny day. All until I see the flames devouring my entirety.