Chapter 1- Where everythin's started

The atmosphere was charged with excitement as my closest friend, trish, and I made our way towards our university's ballroom, hand in hand. There was a symphony of anticipation for the upcoming night ahead as the corridor was filled with laughter and talk.

"We've been waiting for this night forever," trish exclaimed, her eyes shining with excitement. "Can you believe it's finally here?"
Her excitement was passing on, and I couldn't help but smile with her. As we entered the ballroom, a flurry of music and buzz devastated us. "I know, it's amazing. Feels like just yesterday we were freshmen, clueless and overwhelmed." Throughout the dance floor, couples spun about as their giggles blended with the evening's tunes.

With the intention of fully experiencing each moment, trish and I joined the dancers, feeling our spirits rise in sync with the music. But in the middle of the celebration, a darkness continued in the back of my mind, a persistent feeling of dread that wouldn't go away. For a brief, fleeting moment, all worries and dreads vanished as we lost ourselves in the bliss of the dance. It spoke of secrets and hidden dangers that threw a shadow over the celebrations. "I'll be right back athela," trish stated abruptly, giving our concentration on our thoughts. "Just need to use the restroom real quick."

I gave a nod while observing her disappear into the crowd. Minutes turned into hours, and each of them colored with rising worry. She was where? Driven by worry, I headed toward the bathroom, the corridor empty and appearing never-ending. I was stopped cold when I turned the corner and saw what was in front of me.

There, in the dark hallway, I saw trish being pushed by a shadowy figure into a neighboring building. I became overwhelmed with shock and fear as I tried to process what I had just witnessed.

I hurried forward, with instinct taking over, but by that point I got to the entryway, the figure was gone, with only the sound of my closest friend's sobs remaining.

I entered the building frantically, my pulse beating in my chest, hoping to get answers. Inside, there was an overwhelming sense of panic and fright, with police officers covering the area.

I shook and walked up to one of the officers, speaking barely loud enough to be heard as I described what I had seen—to my surprise, though, the officer only shook his head, his face expressionless. 'I apologize, Miss Athela, but it seems that your friend committed suicide,' he continued, stabbing me deeply with his words.”

Neither is it possible, someone had shoved her, I saw. But while I stood there, stunned, a feeling of helplessness descended over me—the appeal of the night tempered by the bitter taste of injustice.

That night, I had trouble falling asleep because I kept having vivid visions about trish, with her voice seeking justice and assistance. I became more and more determined to find the truth and hold those responsible for her mistreatment accountable with every second that went by.