Chapter 2

[A few weeks later.]

Toge pov

I woke up with the light shining in my face. I took a shower and put on my clothes. After I brushed my teeth I set out for a new day. In the halls I saw Tsuki. She was wearing her cute school uniform and her black hair fell down passed her shoulders. There was so much I wanted to say to her. I hope she understands my words.

"Inumaki! Good morning!" She says cheerfully. I never understood how she was so happy and excited in the morning. "Salmon." I tell her. She smiles at me. "I heard today we are going to be checking out a spot for some curses. We haven't got to do that in awhile!"

She was so adorable when she was excited about something. We walked to the meet up spot. Panda signaled me to come to him so I did. While the girls were talking he pulled me aside. "I have to know- whats going on with you and tsuki?" Panda asked me. "Mustard leaf." I tell him. "Oh come on. Nothing at all?" He asked me. I just looked at him and shook my head.

"Inumaki! You left your sweater in my dorm. I put it on, I hope you don't mind." Tsuki says to me. I put my hands up. "Benito flakes."

Its like she knew what I was trying to say. I look over at panda who gave me a smug look. "Tuna Tuna." I say in annoyance. He puts his paws up in defense. "Okay okay. I believe you." He tells me. "What was that all about?" Tsuki asked me. "Kelp." I reply. "Well- Are you ready for our mission?" She asked. I nodded. I've been on many more than this one.

It was cute to see her so interested in everything. She loved the sounds of nature. Sometimes we sit on the grass at night and watch the stars and listen to the beetles and frogs. Some nights we sit in one of our dorms and watch movies. There's been many times I carried a sleeping Tsuki back to her dorm.

We were walking towards the location of our mission when I spotted a small baby fox on the ground. Tsuki immediately gasped and stopped in her tracks. I watched her get down lower to the ground and called the baby fox to her. In everyone's surprise it came right to her. She picked it up slowly and held it close. It nuzzle into her chest before climbing in her oversized hood.

"How do you make friends everywhere you go?" Maki asked. "I have no idea but it helps." She says back. I chuckled quietly. "Salmon." I say in a agreeable tone. "See Inumaki agrees." Tsuki exclaimed. "All he said was salmon. How could possibly know what he's saying." Maki retorts. "Its not what he's saying. Its his body language, tone and eyes that tell you what he means." She replies.

I was taken back by her answer but it made me smile. "Salmon salmon." I say. When we got to the area I could see the cursed energy rising everywhere around the building. "Hey I read about this place once. The owners moved out because it was haunted by something and they never came back or sold the house to anyone else." Tsuki tells us. "Well lets see what haunted them then." Maki says walking forward.

We walked behind her. As we walked into the building everything went dark. Tsuki grabs my arm. "Mustard leaf?"

"I'm alright, just a bit spooked. I haven't felt this much intensity from a curse. It must be a big one." She says, I could hear the fear in her voice. Her mood had changed since we got into the veil. She seemed on edge and on guard more than usual. I grab her hand as we walk through the building. "Everyone be careful." Maki whispers.

All of a sudden Tsuki was grabbed and pulled into the darkness. Her screams echoed. "Tsuki!"

"Tsu"

Tsuki pov

I slowly opened my eyes. I blinked trying to adjust them. I didn't know where I was but I knew my friends were not with me anymore. "Don't be so scared friend."