Only part

Karma doesn't know what happened.

He doesn't know why he suddenly picks up his phone, fully intending to call his parents' after he reaches first place in the exam.

Because it's been 4 years now since he last saw his parents' faces. 2 years since he last texted them. And only today did Karma want to call them.

Only today he wants to tell his parents about his perfect score on the exam, the child inside him hoping to hear his parents' congratulations and complimenting him for his good job.

But would they even pick up? A bitter thought came up. He scowls. It isn't even a bitter thought anymore. It's a question that he knew the answer to, an answer that makes his skin crawl, an answer that is a fact.

They wouldn't even consider looking at their phones

And he knows that, then why is he so angry? Why does he even want to get their attention and congratulations? Its just stupid.

Maybe because deep inside, he still wants to be his parents son

But he should know better. Because both he and his parents view each other as strangers. But only he still tries to cling on to the parental side that he last saw when he was 6. While his parents simply don't care about him anymore

Anymore

That word stings.

Because that means that there was a time when they did care. A time when they were actually great parents. A time when he was considered their son. A time long gone before his childhood was even finished.

And somehow, that hurts more.

It hurts more when he remembers when his parents were actually there. Smiling and tucking him to bed. Teaching him some basic maths and praising him for every good score he got. It hurts more because those days give him a childish hope that they'll come back and he gets to redo those lost days.

Stupid, why is he thinking about his parents again? He hasn't thought about them in a while. Now he suddenly is?

Why would he think about his parents...hell why would he even want their praise?

He has Class 3E and Koro Sensei, who's been with him and cares about him more than his parents. Koro Sensei has always been more than a teacher to him, the same as Class E being more than just a class.

They are his family. They are his home.

So as long as he's with them he won't be alone right?

...

Right?

Oh how the hopers and dreamers are before it all crumble in front of their faces

As they laugh and smile and everything in between, Fate sits on its chair, laughing as everything falls into their places

And the hopers and dreamers soon turns to losts and weepers, as cruel fate could never be changed by simple human thoughts

Surely the next line would learn, wouldn't they?

Karma arrives home with anger in his steps, sadness weighing his heart, eyes clouding with tears and ears ringing with the same voice that used to comfort him.

Koro Sensei will explode in March.

Koro Sensei will die

Koro Sensei will leave him like everyone else has