Chapter 1: I Solemnly swear to never speak again.

I, Valentina Rose, solemnly swear to never utter a single word again.

I never am, and I certainly never will. I'm not going to risk saying the wrong thing just to live my life full of regret. No. I couldn't go through that. I can't.

I stopped speaking at around 11; at the same time, I was diagnosed with lung cancer, since it was such a young age I had to stay in the hospital, which made some things hard for me in life, including making friends. That was the hardest part about all of this. 

Though for my parents, the hardest part was watching me suffer and wanting me to live a normal life like other kids. And for that to happen, they needed to keep paying my medical expenses and medicine, and money was something we didn't have much of and insurance didn't cover much. 

One day somebody decided to pay for our hospital bills for the week, which made my family over the moon about this. Soon we discovered it was a mother and her 12-year-old son who chipped in and took the expenses and kindly donated their money to cover for me and my family. And from then on, I ended up forming a friendship with that kid. Evan Rider. 

Seven years later, we're still the best of friends. Even our mums have gotten closer to each other. Which is something my mum needs right now since my dad is no longer in the picture and she is the only one supporting us. 

Staying in the hospital is how you would expect it to be: boring and smells of medicine with hints of that signature hospital smell roaming freely. Although you get to meet a lot of kids, none of them is somebody that I would call my friend or anything, but someone to be with when Evan isn't around. 

It's a bit sad seeing kids and adults like this and those people wondering if they would ever leave. Alive or not. I do wish they were able to. I wish we all could. I don't believe anyone should have to stay in the hospital for years only knowing they weren't going to leave. 

The doctors told me I'd be able to leave if I rested, took all my medication, and did whatever they told me. When they told me that, I saw a girl around 11 getting told the same news—only she wasn't going to leave,

but I know I will.

Author's note:

Hey guyss!!! i hope your liking the first chapter to my second, original story. This one will be much longer and i'll try and update asap!! Luv ya pookies <3

edit: 

Sorry for all the character name changes :>