Just a broken hand - H.J.

"Hyun! You weren't supposed to finish dance practice for another hour", you held the phone carefully in your chocolate-dipped hand as you were busy decorating the cake with the chocolate topping.

"Oh, something came in between that, love. I know I promised to take you to the new exhibition of Klimt but I kinda messed up a step during dance practice...", your boyfriend's voice, Hyunjin, went from apologetic to quiet. You knew too well what 'kinda messed up a step during dance practice' meant.

Swallowing down the lump in your throat, you cleared your throat quickly. "Hyun, what happened? Please tell me, my dear", you whisper pleaded with the phone pressed against your ear for dear life. You could tell by the tone of his voice that something had happened. Something that was labelled as bad news. 

"I crashed into the door of the dance practice room-", he started but was interrupted by the voice of Bangchan, his group's leader and a close friend of yours:

"He flew against the wall!"

"Thank you, Chan, for the clarification", you winced as you visualized your boyfriend crashing into the door of their practice room.

"Which version you rather would like to think of? But I ended up fracturing my hand, so I'm at the hospital right now", Hyunjin confessed and your chest tightened as you heard how beaten down he sounded.

"Oh god, Hyunjin, are you in pain? Are you sure it's only your hand?? Wait, which hospital are you at? I'll be there as soon as I can"

"I'd appreciate it if you could come, love. I'm... scared", he whispered the last word to avoid Bangchan hearing them.

"Anything for you, my dear. I'm leaving now", you promised to Hyunjin as you slipped into your shoes, ready to run out of your apartment.

After getting directions from the hospital staff to the waiting rooms of the ER, you rushed past the rooms to find your boyfriend. It wasn't the first time that Hyunjin or the other members of the group sustained injuries from the stunts they were performing but it freaked you out every time any of them appeared with a cast or bandage. Especially when it was your boyfriend of 3 years.

"Daisy!", you heard someone shout out your name from the room you just passed so you quickly rushed back, poking your head inside the room. Sitting in the room where Hyunjin, Bangchan, and their manager.

"Oh, Hyunjin", you whispered and your steps quickened as they took you over to Hyunjin who was lying on the bed, his right hand carefully laid on top of the cushions that were lying on his torso. His slender fingers were swollen and had a purplish hue on them.

Sucking in your breath and the state, you looked up to meet the eyes of your boyfriend. "I'm sorry, love", he apologized as he held your gaze with a sorrowful apology lingering in his eyes. "Why are you apologizing to me, you are the one who got hurt and is in pain, Hyun", you stumbled over your words and took a seat on the chair next to his bed. He took your hand into his left hand and immediately interlaced his fingers with yours as he did every time you two held hands.

"Did the results from the X-RAY come back already?", you asked as his manager and Bangchan left the room to give you two some privacy.

Hyunjin shook his head as he stroked the top of your hand with his thumb, sunken deep in his thoughts. He retreats into his mind when he's upset over himself, you've witnessed it many times over the time you have been with Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin. My love. Are you upset over your hand and what it means for the upcoming tour or because you feel like you let me down that the day didn't go as we had planned?", you asked him with your gaze settled on his face. The corner of his plump lips twitched before he looked back up to face you.