THE FIRST TWO YEARS

CASEY CORVIN HARPER, THE SON OF ADRIAN HARPER, had just started his first year at Hogwarts

Before any of this, Corvin had no real idea that magic had actually existed, or a world centered around it. He knew some semblance of mythical creatures existed because he himself was in fact, a harpy beast.
Arriving to his first day at Hogwarts was magical, the floating candles and the depicted night sky on the ceiling of the grand hall they all ate at; it was almost as if a grander being had answered his prayers for help, to give him a place he felt at home.

He was sorted Slytherin, which in itself felt wrong. He wasn't cunning, sly, or mischevious.
When he had talked to the hat that day, something resonated within him that he had wanted to prove wrong.

"You're just like your father."

If there was anybody in this world that Corvin never wanted to resemble, it was Adrian. The man walked with an upmost confidence, despite being the most despicable person to live. (In Corvin's opinion anyways.)

When Corvin was younger, he had adapted going by his middle name to cope with his mothers passing. It was something that lived within him like an ember; and Adrian blatantly disrespected that by calling him 'Crow.'

And despite that, Corvin couldn't find it in himself to correct a certain blonde weasel that he had to share the Slytherin boys dorm with.
The displeasure that was Draco Malfoy, had brought up the nickname.
It was much to Corvins surprise to find out that The Malfoys knew (and cherished) his father.

Though, it made sense.

Corvin grew to greatly dislike Malfoy even further after finding out he had tried to get Harry Potter, their resident celebrity; as Snape liked to tease him, in trouble for inherently no reason besides just disliking him. (Definitely nothing to do with the fact they had a Dragon.)

At the end of his first year, Corvin had heard all about how the school was hiding the sorcerers stone in their basement, and how Quirrell had a second face on the back of his head.

He never did like that guy, a big pushover he was.
Regardless, Corvin knew he wanted to befriend Harry Potter. What he was doing was honorable, and his friends seemed nice.

He took a deep breath, pushing open the doors where Harry and his friends resided on the scarlet train.

"Hi. Can I sit with you all?"

-

SECOND YEAR WAS FILLED WITH MORE EXCITEMENT, and Hermione, Ron and himself had been writing letters back and forth. He had sent a few letters to Harry, but he had never replied.

He had grown to be close with Errol, the Weasley's family owl. He would always offer him bird seed and help him preen.
The bird was a silly one, but that made Corvin love him even more.