chapter one

kai'aree kapri carter
july 7th, 2021

i woke up to the sound of my step mother yelling at my dad. i groaned cause i hate being woken up to bullshit like this.

my dad was a street nigga and stayed cheating on her but she stay for the coin.

i heard her say "fuck you and ya dumb ass daughter."

that was my cue to get on up cause my dad might take that shit but i'm rey whoop her ass.

i came downstairs and my dad was facing the staircase sensing i was coming. he said "chill, lemme talk to her."

i said "nope. she keep talking heavy, ima crack her."

she said "i wish you would."

i scooted passed my dad and start punching her right in the face. i was sick of her ass yelling at my dad and shit, she was an unsuccessful uptight bitch. when i finally let her go her face was bleeding and she looked a mess.

i said "now get up and get yo dumb ass out my dad motherfucking house."

she was crying and said "naz you really gon let her do this. babe, why?"

he said "bitch get out foreal."

she finally stood up grabbed her keys and dipped. i said "you gotta chill dad, im over these bitches acting younger than me. you need someone who's chill, these crazy bitches aren't it. rather it just be us cause im sick of this."

he gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head. he said "i'm sorry pumpkin. you want to go to breakfast?"

i nodded. i said "yes dad, let me take a shower and we can go."

he nodded and i went upstairs. i took my shower and did my skincare before getting dressed. i wore jean shorts with a white shirt. i had on my black and white dunks. i got a silk press 2 days ago and my hair was super long thick and healthy. i added some curls to my hair and went downstairs. my dad was laying on the couch waiting for me and i said "im ready dad."

he said "aight come on took you long enough aree."

i said "where we going?"

he said "it's a surprise, new place."

i nodded excitedly cause i love breakfast. dad loves going out to eat and if it ain't with me it's with one of his girls. he brings me there first to see if he like the vibes first.

i said "okay im excited."

we listened to our playlist and he stopped at starbucks getting us our drinks that we each get. dad always gets a coffee and i get a refresher.

he said "you still wanna start hair school this fall baby girl?"

i said "yes, i wanna open my own salon one day."

he said "and you will baby girl, did you get enrolled yet?"

i said "no cause i don't know which one."

he said "well look today and get that done."

i said "ok dad, thank you for helping me."

we sang and chatted until we pulled up to a new restaurant in pg county, we pulled up to milk and honey cafe. when we got inside i got an iced coffee with oat milk sugar and white chocolate. we ordered our food and i got french toast with fresh fruit and powdered sugar with cheese eggs and turkey bacon.

i also got a waffle because i was extra hungry. my dad said "we look fat."

i said "and do, smile."

i took a pic of our table with my dad in it. he smiled with his thumbs up laughing. i said "perfect dad."