Aftermath

Separatists pushed to the brink. Republic forces continue to mount victories on battlefronts across the galaxy. After the Jedi Knights thwarted an attempt to kill Chancellor Palpatine, the evil droid, General Grievous, retreated to the Outer Rim. With his legions of battle droids severely depleted, Grievous mounts a brutal counter attack across several star systems. We find Republic clone troopers locked in deadly combat on the besieged world of Kaller. Lead by Jedi Master Depa Billaba, they struggle to hold their position as they wait for reinforcements to arrive.

The clones fought tooth and nail as the droids closed in, three tanks with them. Depa Billaba ducked down into the crater she and the Captain awaited reinforcements from. "Not to be a pessimist," The Captain started. "But if the commander isn't back soon with those reinforcements..."

"My Padawan will be here." Depa insisted.

"Master!" On cue, Caleb Dume slid down the tall hill lined with trees. Snow kicked up from his boots as he jumped into the crater. "Here. I'm here."

"Caleb, where are the reinforcements?" Depa asked.

"Don't worry." The boy said confidently. "They're right behind me."

Both Depa and the Captain glanced over. Nothing but the snow and trees. "Uh, where are they?" The Captain asked.

"Caleb." Depa's voice grew stern.

"Trust me." The Padawan said.

The Captain shifted. "Well, how many are there?"

"Six of them."

"Six?" The clone repeated. He shook his head in defeat. "We're done."

Caleb chuckled. "Yeah, that's what I thought but you gotta see these clones. They're different."

As he spoke the trees rumbled. The droids halted their advance to observe. They fired upon some attacker unseen by the Republic troops, but it was soon revealed to be a boulder that crushed a large chunk of the battalion. Out from the trees came five figures, their only goal being to destroy every droid in sight. "Make a hole!" The big one yelled as he smashed several droids. Another used a knife and blaster combo with a young girl.

The Captain looked through his binocs in disbelief. "I don't believe it. That's Clone Force 99." Another clone used droid poppers on a large group, and the fifth used his scomp arm as a weapon.

Althea grinned under her cloth as she stabbed several droids and blasted them. Hunter had been teaching her some new moves. Speaking of the Sergeant, he contacted Crosshair who was sniping from the tree line. "Crosshair, let's get these tanks moving."

"Sir, yes, sir." In an instant the tanks were connected by a rope, attached by the one in the middle. Wrecker pushed the one nearest to the cliff, sending them over. The demo man managed to climb over the falling tanks, scrambling to safety. Tech tossed a droid popper to one. "Hey, clanker. Catch."

It no time, all the droids were destroyed by a particularly large explosion caused by Tech. "Drop your weapons and surrender." One demanded before Wrecker ripped it's head off. Crosshair slid down from the hill, catching up to them as they approached the Jedi and took of their helmets.

"If you're done hiding down there, I suggest you laugh a counter attack." Hunter said. "Another droid battalion's approaching."

"The General is the one who gives the orders around here." The Captain said.

Depa held out her hand. "He's right, Captain. This is our chance. Launch the counter attack."

"Yes, General." The Captain turned to his troops. "All right, men. Let's go!"