0.10 | 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘥𝘦 𝘕𝘰ë𝘭

" Joyeux Noël, mon beau détective~ "

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ December 7, 7:00 PM ]

Almond adorned the suit the thief had given him, he sprayed on some cologne as well, and wore the shoes the thief had given him as well.
He picked out a white mask, beautifully adorned with some gold jewelry, and also had some tan accents to match his suit.
He put it on and admired himself in the mirror as he put on a watch.
He looked... different, he had to admit, and this suit was a bit over the top for his taste.
He wasn't quite used to it, but if it meant catching that godforsaken thief, well...
He'd see it through.
He adjusted his tie slightly and headed out.
He got a babysitter for Walnut, Latte took her to her house for the night, so he could stay in late.
He had the invitation in his pocket, God forbid he ever did this again.

He approached the mansion, it was well decorated, with some Christmas decorations in the front yard and such.
He knocked on the door and was greeted and ushered in by the residents of the manor.
The party wasn't too loud, and it wasn't completely quiet either, there was some violin players, more than likely playing Christmas music as the party went on.
It was like a birthday, where everyone is around and you seem to run into people you can't quite remember where you met.
He walked over to the small bar area of the party and approached the bartender.
"Whiskey, on the rocks."
Almond hadn't had alcohol in a while, but he did enjoy whiskey from time to time.

The bartender pushed the whiskey in the direction of the detective, who now noticed that the bartender was also wearing a mask. He took a sip of his whiskey and glanced around the room, trying to recognize anyone without the need for conversation.
He recognized a few folks, hell, he even recognized the bartender, who gave a little laugh and lifted his mask to prove the detective's suspicion.
Sparkling cleaned a glass, now that the detective knew his identity, he might as well stop his act.
"So who are you waiting for?" He asked, serving another customer as he spoke.
"Roguefort, heard of them?" Almond cookie cocked his head to look Sparkling in the eye, who seemed to shrug. "Not a clue, Detective, not my kind of person to serve."
"So you have heard of them?"
"On the news and whatnot, not necessarily in person." Sure, Sparkling may be single handedly lying to a man in the law force, but could he really rat out Roguefort?
I mean, they were the one who invited him, of course, so he couldn't possibly.
Besides, they paid good tips at the juice bar, and he couldn't rat out his favorite customer.
So Sparkling gave no real answers and left the detective to his thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------✩

" Ti aspetto "

-----------------------------------------------✩

Almond spent the evening waiting for Roguefort, almost forgetting he had a date, but was reminded the date in question showed up, and lifted their mask, it was indeed Bleu.
They giggled as the detective apologized profusely, held their  hand, and generally enjoyed each other's company for the evening.
The detective's cheeks turned pink as the barista sampled food from the table and even got a few drinks.
However, he noticed that Bleu was relatively close to Sparkling, perhaps friends?
Bleu ordered lighter drinks than he did, a virgin piña colada if he remembered correctly.
He and Bleu spent the evening together, dancing occasionally, even getting a few drinks, they mostly ordered Non-alcoholic beverages, which the detective found lovely, considering his record of getting drunk..