I Dream to Heal Your Wounds, But I Bleed Myself

I Dream to Heal Your Wounds, But I Bleed Myself - In Circles (Sunny Day Real Estate)

sunlight shone through the window blinds,
prying my weary eyes open and awakening me from the slumber that consumed my body.

I sighed, peacefully as i slowly came to my senses, feeling a cold arm wrapped around my waist and a hand gripping my own.

I gasped and resisted a squeal as i remembered where i was. i was in Gwen's bed and she had her arm laid on my waist, while my head lay on her other arm. my hand was pulled up to the pillow, holding gwens soft hand.

a pink glow fell across my skin until realisations hit me. i was in gwens bed.. i was supposed to be home by 8pm last night..

"FUCK" i shrieked, jumping out of the bed and rushing toward my jumper and shoes that had been discarded on the floor beside the bed.

I heard some shuffling behind me as i pulled my shoes on, faster than lightning, and then heard a sleepy voice.

"Court? are you ok?" Gwen groaned, rubbing at her eyes and sitting up in bed.

"I was supposed to be home at 8" I muttered, panicking as i pulled my jumper on "quick, put your number into my phone, i have to go" I threw my phone at her, seeing 5 missed calls from my mother, and rushed downstairs to grab my school bag.

I grabbed my shit and plummeted out the front door, Gwen at my feet. I got to my car and ripped open the door, snatching my phone from Gwen before smiling at her and waving a swift goodbye, panic taking over as i sped down the road and out the gate, anxiety swirling in my stomach as i called my mum.

minutes later, i was pacing outside the front door of my house, debating wether or not to walk inside, however my choice was quickly ripped away from me as the door swung open, revealing my mother, a look of fear and anger plastered on her tired face.

"Come in Courtney. we need to talk"

I scratched at my arm while my mother placed a cup of tea down in the table in front of me and made her way to the opposite side, settling down with a stern look on her face.

she let out an exasperated sigh before speaking.
"Courtney where were you? i haven't slept and the whole family was worried sick. i was close to filing a missing persons report for gods sake! i didn't get poor Lottie to bed till midnight because she was sobbing so much, and James stayed up all night pacing the living room, hoping you'd come home." she looked so tired, deep eye-bags weighing down her face. her voice was filled more with sadness than anger, but the fire in her eyes contrasted it.

"I-I'm so sorry Mum" i muttered, tears threatening to spill "I fell asleep while studying i'm so sorry i didn't mean to scare you"

My mum let out another sigh and grabbed my hand which was tapping against the table.

"Court.. I'm worried about you. you've been acting weird all week. did something happen?"

i couldn't fight it anymore, i let the tears spill, burying my head in my hands as they rolled down my face, muffled sobs escaping my quivering lips. i was so confused. confused over everything! i was confused about duncan, my feelings for gwen, this wild supernatural realisation, everything was so crazy at the moment and it was becoming hard to handle. but i couldn't tell my mum that.. could i? no she's think i was going insane

"I broke up with Duncan" i blurted out between sobs, searching for something to explain my tears.

"oh sweetheart" my mum whispered, standing up from her seat and rushing to my side, wrapping her arms around me as i cried into her shoulder "what happened?"

"he's such an asshole Mum i hate him. everything he does is just to piss me off. i cancelled movie night with him yesterday and he said he'd do it with fucking Aisling instead that red haired freak!" I sobbed into her shoulder

"you know, i never liked that guy. he gave me the heebie jeebies" my mum complained, issuing a giggle from me at her choice of words.

"i've just been focusing on my studies so i don't have to think about it" i whispered, my sobs slowing to quiet weeping, and eventually stopping as my mum stroked my hair.

"i understand baby" she cooed, as she pulled away, handing me a crumpled up tissue from her pocket "just please tell me if you're planning on staying overnight somewhere. i was worried sick. and remember you can always talk to me Courtney. you'll always be my little girl"

I smiled as she strangled me in another embrace.

"now go tell you're brother you're not dead" she jokingly scolded.

AN// lol didn't proof read this bcs i got lazy and soz the chapter titles are getting longer and longer