Chap 2(wip)

As Morana walked down the hallways, her gaze fell upon Patryk, a familiar figure she had known for nearly her entire life. There was a comfort in his presence, a sense of familiarity that made him feel almost like a brother to her. Almost.

Morana couldn't deny the fleeting moments of attraction she felt towards Patryk from time to time, a small crush that came and went like the ebb and flow of the tide. But she had never dared to act on those feelings, keeping them buried deep within her heart where they couldn't disrupt the harmony of their friendship.

Besides, Morana had always been focused on more important things in her life. With her duties as a member of the special forces, there was little time for love or romance. She was content to devote herself to her work, knowing that she was making a difference in the world.

As Patryk engaged Morana in small talk, the familiar ease of their conversation washed over her, momentarily pushing aside her thoughts of duty and responsibility. She appreciated the opportunity to simply be herself, even if just for a moment, in the company of someone who knew her so well.

When Patryk broached the topic of their interaction with Aafia, Morana couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement in her chest. "Oh, Aafia?" she responded, a smile playing at the corners of her lips. "I hope one day she gets skilled enough to join the team. She has pretty eyes too, and her voice is so soft and- ahem I'm getting carried away. But yes, I do like her, shes a good person."

As she spoke, Morana found herself trailing off, her thoughts drifting to the memory of Aafia's warm gaze and gentle demeanor. She couldn't deny the attraction she felt towards the newest member of their group, though she knew that now wasn't the time to dwell on such feelings.

As Patryk teased her, Morana felt a blush creep into her cheeks, his words striking a chord within her. "Sounds to me like you have a crush," he remarked, his tone playful as he winked at her. "If we run into her today, I won't say anything."

Caught off guard, Morana's initial reaction was one of denial. "No!" she protested, her voice betraying a hint of nervousness. "I mean, no, I don't. I just met her, that would be weird."

Patryk only rolled his eyes in response, a knowing smile playing at his lips. "Ha, yeah. Sure you don't," he quipped before walking off, leaving Morana to ponder his words.

"Wait, do I like her?" Morana thought to herself, her mind racing with conflicting thoughts and emotions. "Nah, it can't be. I mean, her voice is calming, and I could listen to it for days, and from what I saw, she's..." Her thoughts trailed off, uncertainty clouding her mind.

"No, no, I don't like her," Morana finally concluded, though her heart fluttered with excitement at the mere thought of Aafia. "Or do I? Maybe once I get to know her better, I'll know. Which will probably be a no because I just met her." She shook her head, trying to push aside her confusing feelings, but deep down, she knew that Aafia had already made a lasting impression on her.

Morana sighed in frustration, her thoughts swirling as she tried to push aside her confusing feelings. Just as she was about to lose herself in her thoughts, her phone buzzed with a message from Tord.

Curious, Morana glanced at her phone to see a text from Tord, asking her to come to his office. Intrigued by the sudden summons, she felt a sense of anticipation bubbling within her as she quickly made her way to Tord's office.

As she arrived, she knocked lightly on the door before stepping inside. Tord looked up from his desk, a warm smile spreading across his face as he greeted her.

"Morana, glad you could make it," Tord said, gesturing for her to take a seat. "I wanted to discuss something important with you."

Morana's curiosity piqued, she settled into the chair opposite Tord, eager to hear what he had to say. Tord's silver eyes locked onto Morana's blue ones, his gaze piercing yet gentle as he took her hand in his. Morana felt her heart skip a beat at the contact, her cheeks flushing crimson as she struggled to maintain her composure.