Chapter 1

( P.S. the book is all in Anabella's POV)

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock and the bustling noices of New York. How about a proper introduction. My name is Anabella Ramano. I was born and raised in Italy but moved to New York at the age of 18 for college. And at the age of 21, I was done. Now here I am one year later and still unemployed. My landlord had already given me so many chances.

Flashback
"Anabella, i've given you so many chances already." Mark, my landlord said.

"I know and i'm really trying to get a job and pay you mark." He was a nice guy for letting me stay here this long.

"Ana, you know I like you. All you have to do is serve me and you don't have to ever pay a single bill." And let's not forget that he was a fucking pervert who just wanted to have sex with me.

"You know I won't do that mark." I said. "Well i'm sorry to say that I can't keep giving you chances. You have one week to move out."

"Come on mark." He walked out not before repeating one week with a stern look.

End of flasback.

I had a job interview yesterday which did not go well at all. Good news was my dad had called and told me to get on a plane back to Italy, saying he had found a job for me. I got up, did morning routine in the bathroom and dressed up. My flight was leaving  by 1pm and it was currently 11am, so i spent my time crosschecking every single item in my luggage.

I arrived at 7pm and went straight to mi famiglia. I was so happy to see them since it had been months from my last visit. My room was exactly how I left it except for the new duvet. It was covered in posters of Disney princesses and purple wall paper. I had always dreamed of having my own fairytale but unsurprisingly, life doesn't work that way.

I changed into my pyjamas and got onto bed. Tomorrow will be a long day.

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping and the whistling winds. I got ready for the day and headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning dear family." I said. "Oh, morning honey. I made pancakes." My mom enjoyed cooking very much. She said it was the only work my dad allowed her to do and so she did it with joy.

"Where's dad? We were supposed to talk about the job he got for me." He tends to control my life but at this point I don't mind, I was drowning in New York.

"I'm right here." His voice came from behind me. "Morning Bella. Your interview will be at noon."

"And where is this interview?" I asked.

"It's at A-animation as their editor." He said smiling. How did he get me the interview? I knew he was connected but this was big.

I sat quietly and ate my breakfast while my 16 year old brother tried to beg his way into going to a party today. When i was done, I got into my car and drove to the company.

It was beautiful no doubt and I was very nervous as I walked towards the receptionist. "Hi, my name is Anabella Romano. I'm here for an interview." My hands were beginning to sweat. "Okay, please take a seat and i will come back to get you." She said as she walked away.

I wore a navy blue suit paired with black heels and a black louiviton bag, so I wasn't worried about my appearance.

While I waited, a guy walked into the building. He was tall, well built, had green eyes that lured you to keep looking. I can't lie, he was unaturally beautiful and perfect. He barely spared me a glance before walking into the elevator.

The receptionist returned and led me to the office where i would be taking my interview. There he sat looking at me with those alluring gems he called eyes. As the interview went on, I found myself struggling to keep focus. Every time he asked me a question, my heart skipped a beat before I could understand it.

The interview went well and let's say i'm the new chief editor at A-animation. I got home to find my mom in my room.

"Hey mom." I said. She looked up at me before smiling. "How was the interview sweetie?"

"Well, I got the job." She pulled me into a tight hug before i could protest. "I'm proud of you baby." I smiled into her arms.

"You know what would make me more proud?" She said. "You getting married and starting a family." I knew this was coming just not this soon. I thought she would tell me to focus on being myself and building my foundation.

"Mom I just graduated college a year ago. I don't think i'm ready to make such a big move." I said.

"Just think about it. You're not getting any younger, I got married at your age. At least start dating someone." She looked sincerely worried and so i took het hand in mine and said. "Fine mom. I'm hungry." She smiled at me and told me to shower and then come downstairs.

I took a shower and went to the dinner table. It was like a feast to celebrate my new job. Even my brother made a toast and it was so beautiful. Mom started crying halfway and dad just smiled at me like he was celebrating christmas for the first time in his life. It was truly beautiful and my life was now perfect but I couldn't stop thinking about my boss. I didn't even know his name, yet I was going to work for him.

I got to bed and fell asleep but not before I called lilly, my old friend and told her we were going clubing tomorrow in order to celebrate my new job. Besides, I had the whole weekend before officially resuming my position as chief editor. Peace was only found in sleep and I would willingly be it's captive.

Why hello readers,
As always thank you for reading my book. This one is going to be better than the previous.💖✌🏾
Please vote and comment cause I want to know what you think of the book.
Have a good day/night😘