A5 - Slightly Bewildered

Tw - Mention of throwing up. Doesn't actually happen, though.

----

"Did you see that explosion?" Tommy Feynman asks, leaning back in his chair as the server list pops up. A few servers are listed, and he deletes the server he just exited, feeling confident that he had griefed it enough to shut it down.

Numerous failed inventions of his dad's litter the basement, accompanied by an occasional success that never took off due to poor marketing. Some of them Tommy helped with himself. Of course, that was when his father was actually home.

His best friend, Shawn, nods, snapping Tommy out of his trance. He slides his headphones from his ears to rest them on his neck, exiting out of the server as well. He frequented Tommy's house, mostly to play Minecraft, but sometimes just to chat. A thick wire runs from the back of his laptop into the computer Tommy sits at, connecting it to the router.  

"Pretty cool, right? I saw those TNT bombs in a video, figured I'd give it a shot." He swivels around in his chair to face Tommy. "Speaking of word of mouth, you heard about that new server? Waremen- I think it's called."

"Yea. I already visited it earlier, it's just a normal SMP, so there's not much anti-cheat. Pretty boring. There's a bunch of noobs there though, so they're kinda fun to mess with." Tommy chuckles, watching as Shawn boots up the server on his laptop, following suit shortly after on the high-tech computer.

He spawns in the village he had griefed previously, the white letters of his username, "Gameknight999" materializing over his avatar's head. He doesn't waste any time pressing the tilde button on his keyboard, opening up the creative inventory and grabbing a potion of swiftness, chugging it and darting in the direction of spawn, ignoring the villagers around him. After crossing the plains, passing the eerie dragon shaped mountain, and sprinting through the forest, he skids to a stop in front of Shawn's avatar, a ninja dressed head to toe in black clothing, with a few ninja stars on its belt, and his username hovering a few pixels above his head, a simple name, "Shawny"

"Interesting spawn.." Shawn muses, turning his avatar's head as he observes the large mountain next to them, a stream of water flowing down it and into a large cavern, where a few zombies can be seen bustling about. "Almost seems man made." He chuckles, and before Tommy can respond, footsteps thump down the stairs to the basement, and his younger sister, Jenny steps down into the basement.

"Mom's going out to get groceries. She said I could come down here with you guys." She smiles, before noticing Tommy's screen and breaking into a grin. "Ooh! Are you playing minecraft?! I wanna play!" She rushes over, leaning over a protesting Tommy, grabbing the mouse with a hand spotted with dried paint, probably from her favorite hobby, and starting to log into her account.

"Wha- hey! Jenny stop it!" He pries her hand from the mouse just as she logs in, glaring at her. "Don't you see me sitting here? I'm playing something!" He snaps, not noticing the screwdriver he knocked with his elbow roll off the table and land on a control panel, a few sparks flying.

"Whyyy?" She whines, "You always get to play on the good computer. Why don't I get a turn?"

"Because I'm the older one." He responds.

"That's a stupid reason!" She retorts.

Shawn blinks, awkwardly wringing his hands as the two siblings bicker. Though a faint mechanical humming noise catches his ears, and he turns his head to the sound, gasping as one of Mr. Feynman's inventions glows brightly. The direction of that light? Right at the two arguing siblings.