Paragraph 3

It has been 2 years since Red left Andy to finish his journey. Since then Andy had found his resting place on the coast of Lucenilla, Mexico. As the sun glared down upon him he could feel the burn left upon him whilst cleaning his mobile home. The peace and serenity still in the air Andy could feel the happiness he had so long ago. Just as the boat toppled from side to side beside the wharf Andy stumbled his way inside to take a slight break. In his curiousness he decided to sort through his draws which had now filled with junk. All except for one thing. A letter. Andy knew it was from Red. He could recognize that neatly scribbled writing from anywhere. Opening it, he revealed $200 and a note. The money was the last that Andy had taken from the Warden during the money-laundering operation. The note went on to say that once these last $200 were gone Andy would be surviving only on the money earned through the hotel. Unknowingly to Red, Andy's hotel had fallen in a deep decline of business in the past 2 years he had been gone. Apparently not that many tourist are going through New Mexico anymore. 3 months earlier Andy had decided to sell the hotel to some man in a fancy suit who offered some serious cash. In hard times you just have to do what you can Andy thought although soon regretting the decision. But that was over now. He couldn't change the fact that his life was falling apart without Red. Never being one for sappy speeches he was never able to express how much he really needed Red throughout the goodbyes they had once exchanged some time ago. The letter ends with Red acknowledging how smart Andy was with the whole operation and how incredible it was that neither of them were found by authorities.