Chapter 1: I met him for the first time

Hey there, it's my first ever Wattpad story, so please, ignore it if it's too cringe (lmao). Thank you, I hope you read my fanfic till the end and hopefully you'll like it. <3

Haneul is very bright and hard-working girl who was born in 2004. Her family is small yet sweet - her younger sister Hwayoung, and her parents. She's a university student, in Yonsei university. She got into Yonsei with 100% scholarship, her dream university because of her dedication and hard work. She was born in the US but her parents are both Korean, so she's half korean, half american. Even though she was born in the US and graduated high school there, she knows and speaks korean fluently. She never had a true friend even though she was popular at school, everyone would be nice to her and act like a true friend because of her money, yes, she's rich. She was nice to everyone around her, even though she knew those weren't her true friends and being nice to her just because of her money. But that was until one day in summer, 2019.

FLASHBACK: 2ND JUNE, 2017.

Haneul was working in a coffee shop part-time, because she wanted to be indepent and make her parents proud by showing that she can take care of herself very well. She came early, and none of her colleagues were here. She opened the coffee shop since she had the key. There weren't a lot of people since it's about 8.15 in the morning. She was really sleepy because the night before, she stayed up writing an essay for a competition. Since there were no customers coming, she decided to take a short nap. There she was, sleeping while she rests her head on an empty table with only a vase of roses next to a window. 

Han Jisung POV:

I'm in the US for a week, for the second step of a math olympiad, actually. First step was in Korea, and I actually passed it so I came to the US to participate in the second step. I've been preparing for the second step of my olympiad for 3 months, reviewing past-papers and studying formulas nonstop. The Olympiad is tomorrow, so I decided to have a rest and chill for a day so I won't be tired tomorrow. I woke up at 7 am in the hotel and did my morning routine. I wanted to eat out, maybe at a coffee shop. So I put on a baggy jeans and a white oversized T-shirt and went out. I've been wanting to try the coffee not so far away from the hotel because it looked so comfortable to eat in. So I decided to go there. As I was walking, I plugged in my earphones and started listening to my favorite song, "Car's outside" by James Arthur. I came next to the coffee shop and saw a girl who looked really young sleeping on the seat next to the window. She was cute tho. I noticed an apron on her, I guess she works here. I noticed some people on the street were looking at me with strange expressions on their faces and it took me about 2 minutes to realize that I was staring at that girl for too long. How embarrassing...

Anyways, I came in and noticed that she was the only human-being here. So I woke up, I mean I wouldn't steal coffee, right?

-Hey, can I please order an iced americano and 2 croissants, please? 

The girl didn't answer, I don't think she heard it. So I patted her shoulder gently, asking her if I could order something once more and she finally woke up.

-Oh my god, good morning! I'm sorry!

-That's okay :) Seems like you're tired. Did you forget to sleep last night?

-Ah nah, I stayed up writing an essay. What would you like to order, sir?

-A standard iced americano and two croissants, please.

-Sure.

I sat down on a chair next to the table on which the girl was resting her head. She looked so warm, I don't know. I just have a feeling that she's not just a random girl. Should I be friends with her? I don't even have a friend, except for fake ones who betray me and leave me when I'm having a hard time. Well, let's see.