Epilogue

Due to popular demand, Lyndon and Gavin are back!!!

Epilogue

Three years later

LYNDON

"You need to stop this habit of walking around during the night. Didn't you learn your lesson? You got shot the last time you decided to take a stroll," came a very familiar voice that always brought a smile to my face. I turned around, and my face must have sparkled because he rolled his eyes.

"You brought my favorites! Thank you, Chance," I added with a giggle, and Chance let out a small smile. He sat beside me and handed over my favorite coffee blend and, of course, my chocolate cake. My kind of sugar rush.

"Yeah, yeah. My ear almost fell off from you calling me every minute and reminding me to buy you a cake. Let's just pray that my uncle won't kill me for this." Chance mumbled and sighed in exasperation.

I grinned and sipped my coffee. We were in the garden of the university hospital. It's three in the morning, and my shift just ended. At times like this, I want to eat my comfort food and relax in a quiet place.

"You know, you don't have to babysit me, Chance."

He scoffed. "And risk letting you get hurt? Do you know how much a pain in the ass Gavin has become since you broke up? If I don't send him an update about you, he won't leave me in peace," Chance complained and frowned.

"You mean, torture him," I corrected Chance, and he smirked mischievously.

"Good times. Provoking Gavin never gets old, but seriously, you need to stay where there's a lot of people."

"But Gavin told me before that he took care of the problem." Based on Gavin's journal, the one who shot me was one of Gavin's exes. Initially, the target was Chance, since the shooter was under the impression that Chance was Gavin's favorite. When he learned that Chance was Gavin's nephew, that man set his sights on me.

"Yeah, but we can never be too careful. As usual, I'll be driving you home."

"Thanks, Chance. How long will you stay here before you go back to France?"

"Two more months, I guess. Oh, I haven't sent a photo of us together to my annoying uncle." He lifted his phone and gestured for me to get closer. He took several photos and sent them to Gavin. "There. Now, I can sleep peacefully."

I once advised him to put his phone in DND, but the consequences were unexpected. All of Chance's cards were frozen, including his personal card. The photos were supposed to be a way for Chance to taunt Gavin, but Gavin managed to turn the table, so now Chance has to send a weekly update to Gavin. Chance and Gavin's banter is so fun that it takes all my stress away.

I'm so thankful that I can now talk about Gavin with ease, which was a different story years ago.

Three years ago, Gavin and I broke up. I still love him, but at that time, I totally lost myself. My life became all about him, and I forgot how to live for myself. I can vividly remember what happened at the hospital. That was the first time I saw Gavin so broken, hopeless, and desperate.

"Lyndon, no. Anything but that, please. I'll do everything you want, just not this." Gavin's trembling hands grabbed mine, his gray eyes filled with so many emotions. A sharp pain crossed my chest, and I almost gave in, especially when he shed a tear.

"Gav..."

"What do you want me to do? Fire all those who spread rumors about me? I can do that. Also, I'll make sure that my ex-flings won't bother us anymore. I'll be more consistent, and I'll text and call you when I told you I should. I will keep my promises from here on out. I'll do my best not to break your heart again. I'll treat you better, Lyndon. Just... don't leave me, please. You are all I have. You are my everything," Gavin pleaded in a cracked voice, and when he couldn't keep it in, he burst into tears and slid down, kneeling on the floor.