𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟏𝟒. hug day

⎯⎯⎯⎯ HUGS, HEIGHTS, AND A HINT OF PERIL

HUGS, HEIGHTS, AND A HINT OF PERIL

Mun sighed, watching his friends hug for what seemed to be the hundredth time today. Well, it was Hug Day. With their new relationship status, they couldn't just ignore the numerous couples holidays, even if he thought they were a bit excessive. Mun slumped onto the lunch table, cradling his head into his arms. Snow fell from the sky and into his hair. At least it was almost time for winter break.

"You guys," he whined, "You've been standing there for thirty seconds! Stop being so couple-y so we can finally plot the final act of our comic!"

They were almost done with it. Just a few more scenes left, and it would be set. However, he and his friends seemed to have other matters to worry about. With his Counter work and their constant dates whenever he actually had the free time, they've been putting it aside. Mun was eager to get back on track.

The two froze and pulled away. Ju-yeon's face scrunched up in irritation, but she still sat down. A sigh left her throat.

"Don't worry, Mun. You'll understand when you get a girlfriend." Her fingers got tangled into his curly hair when she petted him. For some reason, the word girlfriend made him wince. He tried to shake her off, but it was no use.

Ung-Min laughed as he sat down. " If he gets one." Mun looked up from his spot on the table to glare at his friend. "What? I'm just saying.." Mun's gaze hardened, and Ju-yeon elbowed him in the side. "Sorry, sorry!"

"What are you talking about? Since he beat up those bullies, almost every single girl at this school has been crawling all over our dear Munnie!"

"Don't you think that if he actually liked those girls, he'd already have a girlfriend? Maybe he's love-deficient or something..."

The curly-haired boy groaned, burying his face further into his hands as his self-proclaimed parent figures argued over him. It seemed to be a common occurrence nowadays, now with their suspicions that he was some sort of superhero (and to be honest, he was, but they couldn't know that). Still, there was something about this particular conversation that made him uncomfortable. Shivering in his spot, he tried to attribute it to the cold as his face grew redder.

"Where's my money, huh?"

The image flashed in his mind. An evil spirit.

A boy, big and burly, with his hand wrapped around some other kid's- one with ginger hair's- throat. But the aura wasn't around him. From a boy behind him, who looked more like a potato than anything else. A wide grin pulled at his cheeks as he spoke. "Went from the son of the mayor to the son of a murderer. Must be pretty hard paying your debts without Daddy around, huh?" They were standing on some green floor. The roof?

He jumped to his feet, startling his friends and everyone around them. Mun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry, I, uh, forgot something back in the classroom! I gotta go!"