1: You Touch Me And It's Almost Like We Knew

"I didn't wanna say 'I told you so', I tried not to, but I will now." Jisoo said to Jennie, angrily pointing the fork in the younger brunette's direction. Fortunately, she's at least a good two feet away or she'd probably end up with pierced cheeks. They're at Jennie's kitchen that Sunday morning. She lured Jisoo with the promise of home-made breakfast to ask for the latter's advice. However, she ended up getting scolded.

"I told you, that Lisa likes you more than a friend for years! But did you take me seriously? No! You kept saying that I was just imagining things. That she was like a sister. Now, Lisa ghosted all of us, because you, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim-never listen!" the older Korean's right hand continued stabbing the air with a fork. "And you waited for a month before telling me this?!"

Jennie's guilt doubled. It's not like she wanted to reject one of her closest friends, but what was she supposed to do? Lisa was Jennie's friend for years. They have known each other since they were teens. Aside from Jisoo, Lisa was one of her closest friends.

When Lisa confessed her romantic feelings for Jennie weeks ago, she was shocked. So shocked that she... laughed. And it was not a simple soft giggle, too. No, she was loud with her hoots and hysterics she even teared up. In her defense, it was a bodily response she didn't have any control of! She thought it was a joke. Lisa was simply being Lisa; flirty with a good sense of humour. Jennie only stopped laughing, when she realized Lisa was not laughing along with her. It was too late.

And seeing the heartbroken look from her favorite Thai, the shorter Korean tried to turn things around, apologized for laughing, as she let Lisa down as easiest as she could. She loves Lisa, but not that way.
And she feels really sorry about it.

She gets why Jisoo was mad at her, but she wanted to talk to Lisa first and clear things between them. Her best friend, was also close with Lisa. Jennie actually thought Lisa would have reached out to Jisoo first, obviously she didn't. After Lisa cancelling on them three times for their weekly dinner catch-ups, she decided to seek Jisoo's advice... Hence the yelling and her being in danger of getting stabbed by a fork.

"Shhh. Would you mind, lowering your voice? I don't want to get complaints from my neighbours. I like living in this building."

"So? This isn't a library!" Jennie poured coffee on a mug; she was about to put condensed milk on it when she remembered Jisoo takes her coffee black. Lisa was the one who put that sweetened milk on her coffee, also the only reason Jennie got that thing stocked on her fridge.

"Listen to me, Jendeuk. You have to try talk to Lisa, again. I know, you told me that you don't feel the same way. I get it, No, I don't really get it, to be honest. Anyways... She's your friend. We both know that inside, after layers of her annoying aegyo and expensive Celine wardrobe, she's a sensitive soul. Knowing Lisa, she won't be the first to reach out. Poor kid. Finally baring her heart and ended up being laughed at." Jisoo shook her head sympathetically accompanying it with tsked sounds.

"I asked you here for help, not to add on my guilt, Jisoo. And she's also your friend." Jennie said defensively.

"I know. She's our friend. But then again, aside from the fact that you're the bish who broke her heart, you were the one who said hello to her first on tenth grade. So, she's more of your responsibility since we're sixteen. You fix this. Okay? Now, how about you be a nice host and fry me more bacon?"

She hoped Jisoo was right. That soon, Lisa accept her calls and things will be okay between them. She's already missing Lisa, so much so...

***

With a puckered brow on her face, Jennie pushed the floor number on the elevator. She hasn't stepped in that building for almost half a year. There's a slight jittery feeling inside her, as her right foot tapped impatiently, waiting for the elevator door to open as it reached the 22nd floor.