PROLOGUE

It all starts with the reunion of former star-crossed lovers. A short-lived tragic tale of love in a way.

As Daemon Targaryen makes his way through the crowded streets of Flea Bottom, his footsteps echo the tumult of his thoughts. Each stride is a battle against the memories that threaten to engulf him, memories of a love lost to the cruel whims of fate. His lilac eyes, once bright with determination, now hold a weary sadness as he navigates the labyrinthine alleys, his mind consumed by thoughts of the woman he still loves, long forgetting his niece he left behind at the brothel all alone until he collides into a soft body. Hearing the soft gasp escaping the womanly figure in the sight of him, his lilac eyes stare down to meet the familiar green eyes, the world around them seeming to fade into insignificance, leaving only the two of them suspended in a moment of shared recognition.

"Daemon?" Her voice is barely a whisper, filled with a mixture of surprise and longing as she meets his gaze. The air between them crackles with tension, the silence pregnant with unspoken words and unfinished emotions. For Aurélie, seeing Daemon again is like stepping into a dream - one she both longs for and fears. The memories of their brief affair flood her mind, each moment etched into her heart like a scar. She feels herself being pulled back into his orbit, her resolve crumbling in the face of a love that has never truly died. It has been so long since she has seen stars.

It is all before her father forces her hand to Gerard Stormcrest, the Lord of House Stormcrest not knowing his true nature, which results in Lady Aurélie silently suffering the daily tantrums of her abusive husband.

Daemon's lips part, but no words emerge, his heart aching with the weight of years of separation. In that moment, time seems to stand still as they stand locked in each other's gaze, the echoes of their past love reverberating through the crowded streets.

"Aurélie..." His voice is hoarse with emotion, his hand reaching out as if to touch her, to confirm that she is real and not just a figment of his imagination.

She steps closer, her breath catching in her throat as she feels the warmth of his hand against her cheek. "It's really you," she murmurs, her voice barely audible above the din of the street.

For a fleeting moment, they stand on the precipice of what could have been, the weight of their shared history pressing down upon them like a heavy cloak. But reality intrudes, shattering the fragile illusion of their reunion as they are reminded of the barriers that still stand between them.

"I never stop loving you," Aurélie whispers, her voice raw with emotion. "But I have no choice..."

Daemon's eyes darken with pain as he struggles to comprehend the depth of her sacrifice. But before he speaks any words, she lets her love and desire for the silver-haired man get the best of her and spends the night with him to escape her cruel reality one last time. With no spoken words, lost in love.

Aurélie Silvercrown is a believer of the faith of the seven, and while being married to one, warming another man's bed is a grave sin. Yet, she commits the said crime with no remorse.

Letting the prince fall into deep slumber, she basks in his warmth with many thoughts swirling in her mind one after the other. She has no answers to the questions Daemon might ask in the following morning, the questions she does not want to answer.

In Daemon's words; Why does she leave him for that old cunt while he can offer the world to her?

The answer is, her father always dislikes the silver-haired prince. Daemon Targaryen might be a prince but he bears the reputation for his wilderness and recklessness from his birth. He holds no commitment nor responsibility. As a father, Jamie Silvercrown fears the future of his daughter being perished by the young Daemon Targaryen's grasp and Aurélie Silvercrown does not want to disappoint her father for her selfish desires. But little does she know she is exchanging her happiness for a brutal battle in the name of marriage to satisfy her father.