Act or Dance?

Requested by tezz_Ot7

[🛑New Requests Closed🛑]

---

Taehyung was bawling his eyes out into Namjoon's shoulder. He wanted to give up. Exhaustion was taking its toll on his body. Between running back and forth between the bands schedules, and all of the shooting he had to do for the new KDrama he'd gotten a role in called Hwarang, he felt as though he were on the brink of insanity.

"You're my leader," Taehyung sniffled. "Tell me what to do. Tell me if I should quit. I don't know what to do." His tears were soaking Namjoon's shirt. He wanted someone else to make a decision for him because he was so terrified of making the wrong one. Who better to ask than Namjoon hyung?

"You can't quit," Namjoon replied while rubbing Taehyungs back as they sat on the couch. It was late and everyone else had gone to bed. Taehyung had just arrived home from shooting for Hwarang and Namjoon had waited up.

That wasn't exactly the advice he was hoping for. He was desperate for some kind of relief from the stress. "I took on too much. I didn't know it'd be this hard." Taehyung wiped his tears on his hyungs shirt. "Maybe we could hold off on some band activities? Just cut back a bit? Until I have more free time?" He pouted at his hyung, hoping his big, sorrowful eyes would persuade the bands leader to switch some schedules around.

"Tae, you know I can't do that." Namjoon sighed. He felt bad for Taehyung, but knew it wasn't the end of the world. He was confident that his dongsaeng would be fine in the end.

"I don't know what to do. It's so hard."

"What you do is persevere. You've always been a hard worker. We all believe in you. It's late, you're stressed and you're tired. Go get some sleep and I'm sure you will feel better in the morning." Namjoon stood up and grabbed Taehyung's hand, pulling him off the couch and leading him to his room. Taehyung could feel the heavy weight of exhaustion pulling his eyelids closed the longer he tried to fight it. He was hoping his hyung was right. Maybe I will feel better in the morning. He groaned thinking about how he had to wake up early for band rehearsals. He was passed out before he had enough time to think about it further.

Morning came quickly, and just his luck, he'd overslept. Jin tried waking him up for breakfast but he kept shooing his hyung away saying he wasn't hungry. "Just a few more minutes," was what he kept telling him.

Hobi finally came barging in and threw clothes at him. "You have five more minutes. We need to leave and get to practice. And you know how I feel about being late to practice." Everyone knew how absolutely terrifying Hobi could be if the members ended up late to practice unless having a good reason. Nobody ever wanted to be in his line of wrath over that.

Taehyung slithered out from under his covers and dropped onto the floor. His entire body was sore from all of the running around and endless work. He'd give anything for even just a day to relax. Yet, like every day lately for weeks now, right after rehearsals he'd have to get a ride over to the film shooting location and work endless hours there before getting home late, missing dinner which he'd done almost every night now, and getting little sleep.

Rehearsals. Filming. No dinner. Little sleep. Rehearsals. Filming. No dinner. Little sleep. When does it end?! Why did I sign up to do this shit?! I've always wanted to act and this was my chance to, but maybe I should stick to being a dancer! Act or dance?! Hm, Tae?! Which one is it?! Obviously dance, I love this band too much. But Namjoonie hyung was right. I can't quit. Then everyone will be disappointed in me and I'd ruin the whole show. That's if I don't drop dead first!