Chapter 3

Hanni's POV:

It was just like any other typical day at school. I was sitting at the cafeteria with my friends Minji, Danielle, Haerin, and Hyein, chatting and laughing over lunch.

But little did I know that my ex-boyfriend Jaehoon would be making an unexpected appearance.

As he approached our table, I couldn't ignore the feelings of discomfort and unease that washed over me.

After all, it had been a year since we broke up and I had moved on with my life. But seeing him again brought back all the memories and emotions that I thought I had buried deep inside.

"Hey Hanni," Jaehoon greeted me with a smile. "Long time no see."

I forced a smile and nodded, trying not to show any sign of discomfort. "Yeah, it's been a while."

He then surprised me by announcing that he had transferred to our school and would be in the same class as me.

We started chatting, catching up on the latest events in each other's lives. I could see that my friends were feeling a bit out of place and Y/n is nowhere to be seen, but i just shrugged it off and continued chatting. I'll just find Y/n later.

Y/N's POV:

I sighed as I made my way up to the rooftop of the school. I needed some space to clear my mind after what happened at the cafeteria. Hanni's ex, Jaehoon, had just transferred to our school and it seemed like he and Hanni were getting back together.

I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy when I saw them chatting together, completely ignoring me and the rest of our friends. I knew I shouldn't be jealous because Hanni and I were just friends, but I couldn't shake off the feeling.

As I reached the rooftop, I leaned against the railing and took in the view. The schoolyard was bustling with students and the sun was shining bright in the sky.

But I couldn't fully enjoy the peacefulness of the moment, my mind kept going back to Hanni and Jaehoon. I felt like I was losing her to him all over again.

"Hey there, brooding boy," a voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned to see Minji, one of Hanni's closest friends, making her way towards me. "Something's bothering you, isn't it?"

I shrugged, not wanting to talk about it. I didn't want to think about Hanni and Jaehoon anymore. "I'm fine, really."

But Minji wasn't convinced. She leaned against the railing next to me and studied my face. "You know you can talk to me, right? And the rest of our friends. We're here for you."

I chuckled. "Thanks, but it's really nothing. Just some stupid jealousy."

Minji's eyes widened in realization. "Wait, you're jealous of Hanni and Jaehoon?"

I looked away, not wanting to confirm her suspicion. But Minji wasn't about to let it go. "Why? Hanni's just his friend, right?"

"She used to date him, remember?" I mumbled.

Minji's expression softened as she placed a hand on my shoulder. "I know it's hard, but you can't let your insecurities ruin your friendship with Hanni. She values you a lot. And besides, she's not the type to get back with her ex."

"We're not sure" i thought and i just nodded, taking in Minji's words. She was right, I shouldn't let my insecurities get the best of me. "Thanks, Minji. You always know what to say."

She gave me a small smile. "That's what friends are for."

As Minji went back to the cafeteria, I breathed a sigh of relief. I was glad she understood me and didn't make a big deal out of it.