Chapter 1 part 2 (Three giant encounters)

Outside

Running out across the dock, Cleveland ran up to the shoreline and jumped into the air, dodging a strafing of gunfire as two Siren drones flew overhead.

The ship next to the dock glowed and promptly shattered into dozens of cubes, which flowed into Cleveland's body, forming her rigging.

Aiming her turrets, she fired, obliterating a Siren drone.

Landing on the water, she grinned. "How's that? We were developed as the ultimate weapons, powerful enough to take you Sirens down!"

One of the drones flew down at her and launched four missiles. The projectiles hit in a massive explosion of water, mist spraying into the air.

The Siren drone swung around for another pass, only for a salvo of shells to fly through the air and slam into it, blowing the drone apart.

"We've got the abilities of the strongest warships embedded inside us," Cleveland said, leaping through the mist as multiple girls around her jumped onto the water, their ships shattering as well and forming their rigging. "In other words, it's over!"

Aiming her guns, she fired, sending a barrage of shells into the air and blowing a Siren drone apart.

Two more drones shot toward her, only for Javelin and Laffey to intercept, Javelin using a trident while Laffey used her main gun.

"Alright!" Javelin cheered.

Just then, multiple red petals started whipping through the air. "What in--?"

"It's true; we were created by humanity to fight against the Sirens," a voice called across the sea. "But unfortunately, a difference in our beliefs split the four major camps into two separate factions."

"The first faction believes in only using powers that were created by humankind," a second voice mused, "Eagle Union and Royal Navy fight on this side."

"As for the second faction..." the first began, as two aircraft carriers sailed out of the storm of petals, a very familiar symbol on both of them.

"I know that emblem," Cleveland muttered in shock.

Two figures, a woman in black and red with nine black fox tails and two fox ears, and a woman in white with the same features stood on the decks of their respective carriers.

"Their group uses Siren technology to defeat the Sirens," the woman in black and red said. "They are the Iron Blood, and there's us, the great Sakura Empire."

Multiple aircraft flew off the decks of both ships and into the air, red energy gathering around the first woman's aircraft while the second's energy was blue.

As planes swirled around both carriers, the first woman proclaimed, "First carrier division: Akagi."

"And first carrier division: Kaga."