𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎

Today was a perfect day. It was a warm, beautiful spring day. The little bear could easily have passed it off as a summer's day, if not for the calendar her family kept hung in the kitchen, by the breakfast table. Which had that day's date circled. May twelfth, Mother's Day.

With some supervision from her father, Bernadette had put together breakfast for her mother, bringing it to her in bed. She even retrieved those breakfast dishes afterwards, helping her father in tidying up from breakfast. All so Maisie didn't need to lift a finger for the day.

Throughout the morning, Bernadette had been helping out with her baby sister where her mother would let her. Which consisted mostly of hanging out with Thea, while Maisie relaxed with a book closeby. The little bear even made sure to bring the little cub her bottle, as Fred Bear put Thea down for her morning nap.

Maisie watched her family with an appreciative look on her face. Having a relaxing morning, along with having breakfast, lunch, and apparently dinner being handled without needing her to do anything. Maisie had even been given a small, handmade note with her breakfast in bed. The little paper, coloured with flowers and hearts, read;

"You're invited to a picnic, at the park, at 4:30. Don't be late!"

She'd been using the invite as a bookmark, after Bernadette had emphasized the importance of her needing to be on time at the park. That way, Maisie wouldn't forget. Her daughter seemed satisfied with this, too.

Before Bernadette knew it, lunch was already said and done. But there was still no time to relax, (with the exception of her mother), as the afternoon was only beginning.

So, she was now waiting, somewhat impatiently, on the front steps of the house. She had a picnic basket in hand, containing sandwiches she'd made the day before. While her mother was tending to her baby sister, getting the cub off to sleep for the previous night. And just before Bernadette went outside, Fred Bear had placed a bottle of milk in the basket—so that little bits of a sandwich weren't the only thing prepared for the little cub's dinner.

All that the picnic basket missed, now, was a picnic blanket, some flowers, Mother's Day cards, and the chopped fruits Arthur said he'd bring.

"Hey, Etta!" Looking up, Bernadette spotted her friend and his father approaching the house. Jasper had a folded picnic blanket tucked under his arm, and Arthur had a covered plate. No doubt containing the chopped fruits. Bernadette stood up from the step. "Hi, did you bring the rest of the things?"

"Yup!" Arthur held out the plate of fruit to Bernadette, once they'd walked up to her. She took it, and carefully set it inside the picnic basket, beside the plate of sandwiches. "Thanks, Arthur!" Bernadette said, smiling brightly.

Jasper then took out a box, which had been hidden inside the picnic blanket. Bernadette watched as he handed it to her. "I brought a box of chocolates. Just something special for dessert." He said. Bernadette reacted with a small "oooh!", excitedly placing them in the basket, too.

"So, chocolates?" The three turned to see Fred Bear stepping outside. He had his ukulele case slung over his back, keeping it out of the way as he held a bright-eyed Thea on his hip, and the still-folded-stroller in his other hand. Jasper gave the other bear a nod. "Hello, Fred."

"Hello, t'you, too," Fred Bear answered, as he went about setting up Thea's stroller and sitting her in it. "You've brought chocolates, and I, the music. Seems this picnic is practically all set!" Jasper nodded with a chuckle. Bernadette, however, gave her father a pointed look. "We still need to get our mamas flowers, and make cards, and make sure the picnic is ready in the park!"

"And all before lunch!" Arthur added, too. Understanding just as well as his friend how much was still left to be done. Jasper teasingly tussled the tuft of fur atop his son's head. "That's still quite a lot to get done," He agreed, though still sounding calm. "We should head off, then." The younger bears both nodded. Bernadette picked up the picnic basket, holding it by the handle in the crook of her arm, as she and Arthur began onto the sidewalk—leading the walk into town.