Crystal Clear

Blitzø wishes it was a dream, a bad dream, a nightmare.

Gazing intently at the dark box, he saw the symbol blazing a bright neon blue. He was too afraid to open the box, afraid that it would contain what he was pondering. The last thing Blitzø wanted to see was there, at least. 

 “This is an Asmodeus Crystal. It will allow you and your staff to travel around the human world without needing my book.” Stolas, with his icy appearance, hard gaze, and erect posture, spoke as though he had practiced this earlier.

Blitz wanted to yell in Stola's face, demanding to know why he was throwing him away. Sure, he didn't show up when Stolas was kidnapped, but his daughter came first, and he may not have shown up to fulfill his end of the arrangement, but Stolas was fine with it. Or so he believes.

 Every chance he gets, he ruins his relationships. And now, before he even has a chance, Stolas is pushing him away. Everything he intended to say was killed before he could say it. In any case, what was there to say?

 At last, he plucked up the strength to speak, raising his voice once more and merely saying. “Thank you.”

Stolas, always a gentle guy who disliked statues, bowed to him, a musty imp, and disappeared.

He held out his hand, a part of him yearning to draw Stolas back to his office and talk. Both demons were not particularly good at communication, but he was prepared to do so to keep Stolas in his life. He watched the crimson cloth cloak that Stolas always wore with his princely attire disappear before his eyes, but he did not extend his hand.

He knew this day was coming, he knew one day would be tired of him, and he was prepared for that, but it still hurt ass, and of course he spent his day moping and crying, eating a whole tub of ice cream by himself like a dumb teenage girl after a breakup.

Was this even considered a breakup? 

He was pathetic. Crying over someone who treated him like a dildo. He was not important. He was nothing. He had admitted at the start of the deal that it was strictly transactional and business-related, but he couldn't help but fall in love with that dumb bird. He shouldn't care. He kept telling himself this, but he still sobbed like a baby until he fell asleep as the TV noise faded away.

He groaned in his sleep and cuddled with his pillow, much like he did with Stolas. Blitzø was a liar, but if he was an honest demon, he would have admitted that he loved every night he spent there and that he cherished the feel of Stolas' delicate feather against his skin.

"Blitzø I'm home." Loona said as she entered the apartment, dropping her purse on the floor; she'll pick it up later. She stops in her tracks and looks at her father. Blitzø murmured "Sorry" as he hugged his pillow, leaving an empty tub of ice cream on the floor.

Her ears lowered. She hated seeing her dad in this state. She approached him, picked up the horse blanket that was lying on the floor, and placed it on her father, who was still crying in his sleep.

“Night dad.”

                      _________________

He was over Stolas. He couldn't care less about the bird's life or whether he moved on to find a better fuck buddy. Someone who could be there, perhaps someone who isn't a low-life imp, who could treat him better than he could ever treat him, someone who isn't him.

The idea of Stolas dating someone else filled him with an unfamiliar sense of dread, as if the rings of Hell were collapsing or the world was coming to an end.

Blitzø made an effort to pretend as though Stolas didn't exist and move on, but the bird would never leave his fucking thoughts.

"Fuck Stolas." He moaned as he quickened his thrust, but stopped when the succubus he was fucking pushed him away. "What the hell?!" She screamed, taking a wrinkled white sheet from the cheap motel where both demons had decided to stay to hide herself. "Calling me by your ex name seriously?!" She got up and began retrieving her clothes, which were scattered across the floor. "He wasn't even my ex to begin with." He grumbled, but that only made it worse. ”Wow, that's great! I feel so much better now!" She says in a sour tone. She walked off in her black heels, leaving Blitzø to pay for their motel stay.