Chapter 1. 2007 - THE Move

On a warm and sunny day in June, Alice was about to turn five. She had been anticipating this day for weeks, and she was eagerly looking forward to the birthday party her parents had planned for her. Alice had a baby sister, Amelia, and her family had been moving from place to place since Amelia was born. It was the first time Alice was not an only child anymore, and she couldn't stop staring at her baby sister's big brown eyes. Alice, her parents, and Amelia were about to enter their new yellow house on Hedgehog Valley 21 in Tipton. Tipton was a small town where her parents had decided to live to be close to her father's side of the family. Hedgehog Valley 21 was located right next to a big lawn where kids played football. Besides the big lawn, there was a small forest a few hundred meters away, and Alice was excited to explore it. The local primary school, Hedgehog Primary School, was only a few blocks away, and Alice would start school there next summer. Her dad, Tommy, started unpacking things from the moving boxes since there was a lot to prepare for. Meanwhile, her mom, Christine, looked after her sister. That gave Alice some time to explore the neighborhood and maybe find some new friends. In Greenford, where she lived before, she barely knew any kids her age in their old neighborhood. Alice was hoping to make lots of new friends in her new neighborhood. She wandered around the neighborhood, taking in everything she saw, from the colorful gardens to the friendly neighbors. She even saw some kids playing on the lawn near her house and couldn't wait to join in and make some new friends. After exploring, Alice finally found the playground and saw three girls playing there. She wondered to herself if she should ask them if she could join. With determination, she approached the girls. At first, there was an awkward silence, but then one of the girls spoke up and asked, "Hello, do I know you?" Alice replied, "No, not really. I just moved here with my family." The blonde girl who had asked Alice introduced herself as Agnes and said, "Okay, do you want to play with us?". She said yes, and they began to play. The other two girls were Denise and Fannie. Alice and her new friends played in the playground for nearly three hours before she announced that she had to go home because it was getting late. Christine asked Alice where she had been. Alice replied, "I was playing outside with my new friends. "You made friends so quickly! That's great," said Christine. It's time to sleep now so we can wake up early for your first day of kindergarten," Christine said with a firm yet calm voice. On the morning of her first day at kindergarten, Christine woke her up earlier than usual to ensure that she had enough time to choose a cute outfit. They went through her wardrobe together, considering various options and combinations before finally selecting the perfect outfit for the occasion. With a sense of satisfaction, she got dressed and headed out for her first day, feeling confident and ready to take on any challenge that came Alice's way.