perchant

"There go ya girl." Julian nodded toward his left as he bit into his grilled cheese sandwich. He loved grilled cheese, so much so that he stacked many of them in the lunch line.

He could not help but watch as his friend walked over to the other side of the lunchroom, "why is he always fussing?" he shook his head And looked away.

The table stayed quiet as they ate. A distinct mix of voices caught their attention, "No, Langston. I want to— no, you don't, you don't even have friends. Now come sit here." Julian sighed as he listened to the insult. Even if she didn't have friends, isn't he supposed to be your boyfriend? He should be her best friend. He's the only friend she needs, but he's not being that for her.

"Hi." Julian heard her say as she Sat next to him. Her lunch tray was in front of her, her juice or soda spilled and drying on the right side of the tray.

"I wasn't, Langston." she tried to whisper before she began eating her food.

"Huh, we'll share mine." Langston offered his drink to her to share between them, and again, we continued eating our food.

Just as the couple finished their beverages, the students stood up and went to their respective classes. Julian, along with his friends, stood against the wall in the hallway facing the two as their friend saw her off to her class. Still, he wasn't leaving her alone to walk into her classroom because he kept her at the doorway, not moving even when other students entered.

"Bye, baby. I'll see you after, okay." With one final hug and forehead kiss.

Langston held the door as he watched her walk into the classroom and have a seat before he smiled her way and closed the classroom door. He ran down the corridor as the second warning bell rang loudly throughout the hallway. Julian and their other friends follow as well.