chapter 11

Kyle's pov

  It's been almost a whole month, and I was trying my best to avoid Stan, though it was hard as we had almost every class together. Thankfully I didn't have to see him at lunch since he started sitting with Wendy. I haven't talked to him since he told me our moments together meant nothing.

It was a Friday now, and I was sitting with my friends at lunch.

  "Kyle, I need to talk to you." Craig said to me, sitting down at the table with Tweek.

  "What's up?" I asked him.

"How would you feel about going on a double date tonight? You and Alex with me and Tweek?" Craig asked, "I figured it might be less awkward if you two meet with me there."

I looked over at Stan and Wendy at their table, smiling and laughing, and then I looked back at Craig.

"Yeah, sure thing." I smiled, "We do need to meet already."

-

  I was actually looking forward to this double date. I've only ever been on a couple dates with Bebe before realizing that I was gay, so I was looking forward to my first date with a boy.

Once  I got home, I got a text from Craig.

Craig: meet us at the mall at 5

I looked at the time and realized I had about 2 and a half hours. I decided that was plenty of time to shower and get ready.

After I showered, I looked through my clothes to find something nice to wear without overdoing it, then tried to control my curls.

  I walked downstairs and Ike gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you all dressed up?" Ike asked me.

"I'm not all dressed up." I told him.

"You never wear anything other than just t-shirts," he began, "what's up with the button up?"

"Well, I'm going on a date." I smiled.

  "With who?" Ike asked.

  "Craig is setting me up with his cousin's friend," I started, "I'm kinda nervous though, I know nothing about him, and I have to meet him in ten minutes."

  "Well, good luck dude." Ike said.

"Thanks, I'll see you later dude!" I told him, walking out the front door.

-

When I got to the mall, I saw Tweek and Craig, but no one else.

"Hey guys." I said to them.

"Hey Kyle." Tweek responded.

"So, where's my date?" I asked.

"He should be here any minute now." Craig told me.

  "Can I know anything about him?" I asked Craig.

  "Well, he's my cousin's friend, so I don't know that much," Craig started, "I just know he's 17, likes sports, anime, and EDM. And I probably should've mentioned that he's a pothead."

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes.

"Is it really that big of a deal?" Craig asked, "That's how I got to know him."

"I guess not, but what's he look like?" I asked.

"Turn around." Craig said.

I did, and saw a boy walking up to us. He had short dirty blonde hair, appeared to be a little shorter than me, and when he got closer, I noticed his blue eyes.

"Hey," He said to me, "I'm Alex."

"Hey," I replied shyly, "I'm Kyle."

"Craig," Alex began, turning towards him, "you didn't tell me he was this cute."

  I blushed, making them all laugh.

"So what are we doing first?" Tweek asked, "Lunch or movie?"

"What about lunch first?" Alex began, "Movies aren't good for the start of a first date and I'd like to get to know Kyle."

  "Yeah, that's a good point," Craig agreed, "let's go to the food court."

  I really hope this date goes well!